3. Navigator of the Seas
We were looking for destinations out of the ordinary. I called this the European Kiss... Ports of call that we would not normally choose, yet wanted to explore. Certainly filled the bill for us. We would give this cruise an Excellent Review but there were a few exceptions that kept it from a 5 star. Our initial on-board experience felt like an onslaught of timeshare salesmen. We barely arrived on the ship and were greeted with people hawking the beverage packages, trying to take our picture, up-selling restaurants and dining packages. Really? It was not the way to start a cruise and it continued each and every day - including our poor dining staff having to try to get us to leave them for a meal somewhere else on the ship. During the cruise I enjoyed a spa special and was, again, pushed to buy products i didn't need or want... It spoiled what was a wonderful experience... Having spent my life in sales, there are more considerate ways of up-selling that RC should be thinking about if they want 5 star reviews from professionals. With the exception of France, we felt our tour guides were well versed and easy to understand. Our French guide, Marc, was almost impossible to understand. His accent was so deep that we struggled to understand what he was trying to say at each stop. This was heightened when we toured the D-Day locations. There was no attempt to use a whisper system and we traveled long distances without being able to hear him. We were a very large group of 50 people... I could have done the tour on my own had I realized just how awful it would be with him as our guide. The ship takes a beating with each and every cruise. While our overall experience in the cabin was excellent, there were several items that seemed travel weary. And the halls of decks 6 and 9 had a distinct odor of mold... hmmm.... I was disappointed that the RC survey didn't include a place for notes of concern about specific items. Hoping this review will reach them. Overall, we loved this cruise and hope that our observations will be noted for the future.

Great Cruise

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by rockyisle

rockyisle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Bathroom - larger than anticipated. Shower pressure and water temperature were a pleasant surprise. Absolutely no issues with it.
Bed - firm, but very, very comfortable. We slept well each night (except the last night), sheets were smooth and comfy.
We had two large closets with plenty of hangers. My only complaint is that there was NO FULL LENGTH MIRROR... My sil's room had one, we didn't. why not?
The drawers were stained and not working smoothly. I hesitated putting any of my clean clothes in them...
With all that said, our cabinet attendant, Janal, did an outstanding job of keeping our room clean, stocked with towels - and made the most delightful towel animals for us to enjoy.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Canal Tour
    Lovely bus and canal tour of Amsterdam. Our guide was easy to understand and very knowledgeable. The canals were fascinating and we even had a chance to see a working windmill. We had enough time leftover to do an abbreviated walking tour on our own. The guide was kind enough to drop several of us off in the heart of the city before he headed back to the ship.
    View All 259 Canal Tour Reviews
  • Canal Boat Tour
    Another outstanding tour guide. Sadly, the Whisper System wasn't working so she had to really turn up her voice volume to insure all of us heard her impart the fascinating history of Bruges. Our canal boat guide was full of fun facts... and the canal boat group they used was able to take us to areas of the city that are restricted. We loved Bruges and would love to return again.
    View All 33 Canal Boat Tour Reviews
  • Cherbourg
    We chose to see Mont St. Michel. Our tour guide, Marc, was almost impossible to understand. His accent was so deep that we finally quit listening to him during the bus ride to the site. Once there, we were on our own. This is such a popular site that you just can avoid the jam of people. But, we certainly loved all that we experienced. I would have given this a very good review, but for the lack of ability to understand our guide.
    View All 58 Cherbourg Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cherbourg Cruise Port Review
  • Oslo
    Vivi was our tour guide for this 3 hour trip around downtown Oslo. She was a delight - full of information and insight into this treasure of a city. She's passionate about her subject and it showed. Such a relief after the 2 days before. We were able to gather up loads of information for the following day on our own.
    View All 12,621 Oslo Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Oslo Cruise Port Review
  • D-Day Beaches
    This was a huge disappointment for all of us. We had the same tour guide, Marc. Again, the language barrier kept us from really getting the best of this fabulous day. D-Day beaches was on my bucket list. We did our best to stay close to the guide as there was no offer of a "whisper system". With a group of 50 people, it was impossible to receive all the information on the history of the site. I wish now that we had booked a private touring company for this special moment. The tour content, itself, was fabulous - just impossible to understand him.
    View All 65 D-Day Beaches Reviews