3. Norwegian Jade
We chose this cruise because of the unusual routing which allowed us to visit destinations we've never been to before, stopping in Lerwick Scotland, Iceland, St Johns and Portland. Each destination was unique in its own way and well worth the visit. The only excursion we did was the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. While expensive, it was well worth the time and money. It was a true high point of the cruise. The Jade has recently been refurbished and is a beautiful ship. We had a mini-suite which I found to be very comfortable and a nice size. The bathroom was quite large and had plenty of storage space for toiletries. The service was adequate throughout the ship and exceptional in the specialty restaurants. ( We did a 5 meal specialty package). The food however in the main dining room as well as the buffet was mediocre at best and in some cases simply poor. There was very little variety from day to day and no special evenings in any of the public restaurants. The specialty restaurants as I mentioned were quite good. On another 11 day cruise, I would consider buying an 8 day package just to ensure good quality food. Embarkation was a breeze, however disembarkation in New York was a disorganized disaster. We had a reserved time to disembark and ended up getting of an hour and a half late. Huge crowds and no organization whatsoever Last I would rate the entertainment as mediocre. There were very few evening events in the main theatre and then the events were just no up to standards. I cruised on Norwegian Epic in the Mediterranean last year and found their entertainment to be top notch! Not so on the Jade.

Great Ship, Great Stateroom, Poor Food Quality

davgar4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11076
Very nice size, very quiet and very comfortable. Plenty of storage space for cloths and luggage. This room was well worth the extra money we paid.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins