3. Avalon Tranquility II
I sailed on Avalon’s Romantic Rhine cruise from Basel to Amsterdam in June 2017. Everything was top notch from start to finish. I was treated like royalty the whole time. The entire crew was phenomenal - from initial check in at the hotel in Zurich to the final drop off at the airport in Amsterdam, everyone was friendly and helpful. The ship was gorgeous and spotless...the common areas and my stateroom. The food was absolutely delicious. I loved the wide variety of options at breakfast and lunch buffets. The dinners were out of this world! Every night was a delicious multi-course journey which highlighted our current location with local food and wine to choose from. I also really enjoyed the open seating and the opportunity to meet new people at every meal. The daily excursions were a lot of fun. I took advantage of all of the included excursions as well as several optional (extra charge) ones. They each gave a great overview of each of our stops, and the local tour guides were both friendly and knowledgeable. I also liked that we had at least a little bit of free time at each stop, so there was always an opportunity to do some shopping or get a snack or beverage. It was also great to be welcomed back to the ship after each excursion by the smiling faces of the crew and a nice, cool drink and a refreshing towel. The staterooms are fantastic, even though I did not spend much time there! The floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall sliding glass door really makes a difference. It was nice to sit and relax by that window either while sitting in port or sailing onto the next stop. Such a unique way to see everything! I am a regular solo traveler and did so on this cruise. It was very easy to travel solo with Avalon. I quickly made some new friends on our first pre-embarkation excursion to Mt Pilatus, and I spent a lot of time with them throughout the cruise. The variety of excursions and the open dining room also make it easy to meet a lot of new friends. I fell in love with Avalon on this, my inaugural river cruise and cannot stop bragging about them to all of my friends and family! I have already booked my next journey with them...the Active Discovery on the Danube in July 2018. I am very much looking forward to traveling in style with Avalon again, and I highly recommend them.

Amazing Experience!

BethanyInKC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tranquility II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 210
Beautiful and roomy cabin! Bed is very comfortable. Plenty of closet and shelf space. Room for suitcase under the bed. The small sitting area in front of the window is great - small couch, side chair, and table. The sitting area was a perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day. The bathroom is also fantastic - beautiful marble everywhere, nice shower, plenty of counter and cabinet space.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins