3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
This was part of our bucket list, to sail on one of the Queens to England, that is basically why we cose the QM2. We had a very nice flight to LaGuardia fro6tnm Toront. We had the Black car driver from heaven for our transfer to the cruise terminal, who gave us the best tour of NYK as we inched our way along the fast route to the terminal. (My advise is to get a flat rate taxi or car). Then it turned into a nightmare. We arrived around noon and met the first line up of those who were waiting outside the doors to get into the lineups inside. We were about 30 minutes in that line, then we got inside and were directed into another line. Where we inched along for the next 2 1/2 hours. We were told by the staff that "Its never like this...everybody came at once, sorry for the delay." I know everyone was getting angry. We had five staff serving our line, plus they also were taking the priority and special needs line. The other line had about 10 serving, and you can imagine that they were moving a lot faster. This fiasco should have been handled better. There was a sitting area which could have been used as a staging area with a numbering system as is done by ther cruise lines. By the end of all this people were exhausted. We got on board at 3pm, I'm not sure I'll got on their line in future. Someone should mention to cunard that first impressions are the most meaningfuull. After that embarcation the cruise was just OK, a little over dressed, but food was good, activities OK, weather was mostly foggie, not good to go outside. Disembarkation was slow, but heck of a lot better than embarcation, don't expect to make a train reservation. As to the stateroom, it was a good size inside. The bed was comfortable, there was a nice chair for relaxing and we were given a welcome aboard bottle of sparkling wine. Lots of wardrobe room for our clothing. The room stewart was good, always made up the room while we were gone, so we seldom saw him. Ship buffet was on the prominade deck, which I thought was different from other cruise ships I've been on, but it was large with lots of seating tucked along the way. Lots of choices for breakfast, lunch or dinner there. If you don't want to join in the dressup you can have a good dinner here, mostly the same as in the main dining room. There are a lot of areas of the ship that you can spend some alone time, just to sit and read or play cards with your friends. We did participate in the trivia and went to the planetarium show, but most of the other entertainment was not our thing, others we met enjoyed the lectures.

A nightmare followed by a mediocre cruise

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by bbeachgal