• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Serenade of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

First Cruise was awesome!

Review for Serenade of the Seas to Canada & New England
MamaBess
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

We chose this cruise because it was our first, so we wanted to stay close to home and have a shorter trip. This way we could decide if cruising was for us. We read some pretty awful reviews about this ship, so we were a bit timid about embarking. I must say, we are so impressed with the general crew, the care they put into making sure things are clean and service is provided with a smile. Food was over abundant and delicious! We have several food restrictions, and there was plenty of variety for us. The ship is older, and needs refurbishing, but we saw a constant effort to keep it clean inside and out. I understand it is going to be completely overhauled next month, so it should show better next cruise. We had a balcony on the back of the ship, and I would not have it any other way. We had pedicures (yes, even my husband had his first pedicure!) and massages, and both were superior! We are definitely going to plan a cruise in the near future, and Royal Caribbean will be at the top of the list!

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D2

Loved this cabin! Nice sized balcony with newer furniture, great storage, comfy bed & pillows, shower was small but more than adequate. The sofa was too old, stained, and worn out, but that is my only complaint. Our attendant was exceptional. Overall, a very nice cabin.

Find a Serenade of the Seas Cruise from $240