3. Avalon Tranquility II
My husband and I and another couple sailed on this trip for our anniversaries. Unfortunately my luggage did not make it to our destination. As soon as I arrived on the ship, I advised the cruise director and he immediately started to track it down. Only had the clothes I traveled in but luckily the airline gave me a t-shirt so I could alternate tops until we got to a port where I could shop. I found out later that the ship had shirts that I could purchase. It would have been nice for them to tell me that or give me one. To add to the disappointment of not having my luggage, our friends missed the whole first day of the trip due to the airlines. Avalon was not helpful with getting them to the ship even though they booked the airlines. When they finally arrived in Basel they were to,d they would have to pay the transportation to the ship which was now at the second port. Problems aside, the food, the ship, the crew and the cruise director were wonderful. The ship is beautifully decorated with wood and granite, the bedding is very comfortable and we slept very well. The crew was so much fun, even the captain was fun and friendly. Shout outs to Justas, Petru, Lucia, Nicolette, Madelin, Sorin, Danny, Daniel, Hendrik and more. The tours that were included were fun and informative. There were other tours that you could pay for that were also nice. The entertainment is minimal; piano player/singer at night. One evening we had local entertainment come on board. They were very good. The trip was wonderful. I would not hesitate to do a river cruise again and I would consider Avalon.

Awesome Trip, Wonderful Crew

Avalon Tranquility II Cruise Review by Lakeloving

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
My husband and I and another couple sailed on this trip for our anniversaries.

Lakeloving’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tranquility II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 215
The cabin was beautifully done with granite and wood. The French balcony allowed us to see the scenery without obstruction and the bedding was very comfortable .
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins