3. Aegean Odyssey
Visiting Iceland was the main reason for choosing this cruise. Having cruised previously and pleasurably with Swan Hellenic we had hopes of a similar experience but it was not to be.Our cabin, which was forward on Columbus Deck, immediately impressed as somewhat spartan with no chair and one rather miserable picture by way of decoration. In rough weather the noise in this cabin was akin to an artillery bombardment and I do not consider the £3000pp we had paid represented value for money. Ports of call were missed notably the Orkneys and Shetlands and certainly at least one shore excursion was truncated. I note in the Company's response to Jocklet they plan to offer a goodwill payment in recompense. As yet I have received nothing. To be fair the food offered was of a reasonably good standard and the lectures provided were very good. Not so the entertainment unless you enjoy lengthy quiz sessions or the Cruise Director imitating Elvis Presley et al. After about ten days my wife and I became ill displaying symptoms, I later discovered, commensurate with Legionaires Disease -ie- ataxia, mental confusion, shortness of breath, coughing sputum and extreme tiredness amongst others.Recourse to the ship's medical services proved futile. I was actually asked what I expected from someone in their eighties when I reported my wife's symptoms to the doctor.When I lost balance and was removed from the dining room in a wheelchair he took a cursory look at me and then disappeared never to return. He dismissed my suggestion of providing an antibiotic out of hand I later discovered I had been charged for this "service". Disembarking at Tilbury the ship's staff were at the exit with clipboards but failed to notice we were having difficulty on account of illness unlike the port staff who immediately provided assistance It was a relief to return home and receive appropriate medical attention from our doctor - ie- Clarithromycin 500mgs OD - but we will never travel again with this company..

Nightmare

Aegean Odyssey Cruise Review by coghillp

MDaniels, Customer Services has responded
We are very sorry you were disappointed with your cabin and that you and your wife were unwell during the cruise. As you will know, you wrote to us when you returned home in September, and we addressed all the points you raised. Your comments do not reflect the positive feedback we received from other quarters and we are pleased to say that our large and loyal customer base continues to grow year on year. However, we acknowledge that the type of cruise we offer will not suit everyone and we can only apologise if the experience did not live up to your own expectations on this occasion.
coghillp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Voyages to Antiquity Aegean Odyssey price drops

Cabin was spartan and extremely noisy in rough weather