3. Norwegian Escape
My mom and I sailed out of Miami on September 16th on the Norwegian Escape, and from start to finish, this was an EXCELLENT trip! We have sailed with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney Cruise Line in the past, but nothing has compared to this voyage. We had the smoothest check-in possible at the port, and our room was ready right when we got onboard. I have never experienced better customer service from every single department on a ship before in my travels! It goes without saying that the food quality and variety on Norwegian is the best at sea. I'm definitely not a picky eater, and most nights in the dining room I had an extremely hard time picking out what I wanted for each course, because everything sounded so good! My food was always hot, and was presented beautifully. The variety and quality in the buffet (Garden Cafe) was just wonderful, and I never left any dining establishment hungry. The concept of "Freestyle Cruising" is what really makes a vacation on this line so relaxing and allows you to maximize the fun! Other lines can try this idea on their own fleet, but Norwegian pioneered Freestyle Cruising, and to me will always execute it the best. I definitely give the Escape a 10/10 in this category. The only port we booked an excursion in was Roatan, our first stop. We went on the Jolly Roger Catamaran, and we surely got our money's worth! Our boat was called "The Endless Summer," and the crew on the catamaran made this excursion exceed my expectations. Norwegian offered a large selection of excursions in every port we visited (Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, and Cozumel) but we only chose to do one so that we had the full day in the other ports just to explore on our own and do some shopping. You would not be disappointed with what NCL offers in these ports for excursions! Our cruise director was Andre (from England), and he has the absolute best and funniest personality out of any cruise director I've ever had on my past voyages! He's extremely personable, and was always happy to take a picture with guests when asked, which I was able to get one with him on our last day at sea. Andre is such a wonderful person, so you are definitely lucky if you get to have him as your CD in a future cruise! Overall, I was incredibly impressed with the Escape, the staff, and the quality of NCL in general. There was truly not a single thing I did not like about this vacation, and I would more than recommend it to anyone I know, as well as anybody who reads this. You will definitely get your money's worth on this ship and with this cruise line!

BEST cruise I've ever been on!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by mra82

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

mra82’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 10110
This stateroom was gorgeous! Plenty spacious for two people to comfortably sleep, and store their belongings. Our balcony was towards the very front of the ship, where we would really feel the dipping of the bow as it moved through ocean waves. That might not be ideal for people prone to seasickness, but thankfully nobody in my party faces that issue, so it really made for a nice rocking to sleep each night! The bathroom was the most spacious that I have ever had on a ship, and even the shower was a very nice size.

Our stateroom steward was Bernicio, and he was just wonderful! He was the one who brought us our luggage before we left Miami, and was always a friendly face asking us how our day was. Our room was always made up beautifully, and we had no issues with our cabin or the room steward staff whatsoever.

(Fun fact: you can even see into the bridge from this cabin's balcony!)
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Costa Maya
    There was a lot of shopping right there at the port, so anything from t-shirts to jewelry can bought without even going off the port premises. I was able to buy a Safi Kilima tanzanite necklace from Tanzanite International (a store certified by the cruise line), as well as all of the little touristy souvenir items I was looking for, for people back at home! Very nice port.
    View All 2,531 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    Cozumel is by far my favorite port, amongst all the cruises on all of the lines that I have sailed on. There is a lot of shopping right there at the port, where you can find anything imaginable. Punta Langosta is where the Escape is docked, and there is even a nice little Starbucks there at the port shops too, with delicious Mexican pastries and exclusive Starbucks drinks to Cozumel. This is a port where there is definitely something for everyone, whether you want to take a tour through the cruise line, explore downtown, or even just shop at your leisure right there at the port!
    View All 6,717 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Harvest Caye
    There isn't too much here at this port shopping-wise, but there are some very nice souvenir shops, so I would recommend doing an excursion here to make the most of your time in this port.
    View All 1,143 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    We took the Jolly Roger Catamaran tour, which included snorkeling and lunch. It was very much worth the money, and we had a blast!
    View All 294 Snorkeling Reviews