3. MSC Meraviglia
MSC CRUISE – MERAVALIGIA – SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, MALTA NOTE: I have been on several cruises with a few different cruise lines and I have been to Europe a few times. That being said, my review is based on a comparison with my past experiences. GOOD 1. New Ship 2. Nice Balcony suites 3. Nice private bathrooms in suites 4. Countries visited BAD 1. The entertainment (shows & lounges). The singing was sub-par at best. Wiggling your fingers, singing from the side of the mouth, & making faces does not camouflage the lack of range, lack of harmony, inability to hit the notes, flatness, and not knowing the words. A couple in front of us was laughing so hard at how bad one show was and finally left. We did too. 2. Lack of insisting people wash their hands or use sanitizer prior to entering restaurants, especially buffet areas. There were multiple sinks available in buffet areas but there may have been an average of less than 1 who we actually observed using these areas. If we ate in the buffet areas, I whipped out my sanitizer before we touched our utensils & food! No interest in Norovirus what-so-ever! 3. Being a new ship, 2 of 4 ice & water dispensers were not working. On 1 machine only the water worked. This was the case from day 1 of our cruise and remained that way the entire 8 day/7 nights. 4. The pools & hot tubs were drained & roped off nightly and the lounge chairs were put away Just as the sun was setting. 5. The entertainment (hype) crew members struggled to get people to participate in activities and were basically begging people to interact. We never knew who the entertainment director was and it was sad to see so-called party activities were empty @ 11 pm and most activities didn’t last past midnight. 6. The level of rudeness from the passengers was just ridiculous. No common courtesy from the young or old. The end of the line was not where they belonged so people would just push their way in front of someone then have the audacity to signal to their travel companions to come which would turn out to be multiple people. There was no regard for the crew who were trying to do their job. 7. BE AWARE OF EXTRA CHARGES ON YOUR BILL. Charges that I specifically declined were added to my bill but were removed immediately when I brought it to customer service’s attention. Examples: service charges, donations to non-profit organization. Example of #6 & #7 above…While standing in line to discuss our bill, the guy behind us started signaling for the reps to take the guy they were assisting aside & deal with his issue. He then went up behind the guy who was being assisted & rudely told him & the reps to move to the side & finish so they could help other people who were waiting (about 10 to 15 minutes) mainly so he & his wife could go party as it was their last night. The guy that was being helped got loud with the rude guy & pushed him telling him to mind his business & wait. True story. WORST 1. I’m sorry but at some point a person’s essence (body odor) is pure FUNK and no amount of cologne/perfume will remedy the stench of onions, feet, and ass like soap & water! a. PASSENGERS – seems they were involved in attempting to outdo each other in a cologne/perfume contest with absolutely no winners! b. CREW – Working on a cruise ship is not easy as many of these ladies & gentlemen have multiple jobs and are not allows treated kindly by passengers. That being said, they should have a few minutes to freshen up between gigs. Personal, cleansing wipes will help with sweatiness & muskiness especially if a server. 2. FOOD – ABSOLUTELY NO FLAVOR, unmemorable, and VERY DISAPPOINTING...simply put it was nourishment. Portions were adequate but who cares when the food is bland. This was the case for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. We ate off the ship a few times. 3. Nothing provided to drink with dinner…must pay for every drink (Water, Soda, Coffee, & Alcohol), tea and juice was not available @ dinner. Juice was only available at breakfast. 4. Expect to pay for nearly EVERYTHING! I understand MSC Cruises is a business, however the boat amenities, other than the lounges, can only be utilized for an additional charge. OBSERVATION At each port there are people just starting their cruise & others are ending their cruise. It makes it hard to connect & interact with other passengers. If you’re at a dinner table with a group who will be disembarking the next day, you tend to get moved to other tables further making it hard to build a rapport with others passengers & the servicing crew. My husband says that MSC stands for “Must Spend Currency” as everything was mainly geared towards spending a lot of it and not really on the passengers having a great experience. FINAL It you are a big drinker, a smoker, are a senior citizen who is laid back and enjoys a slower pace and has dietary restrictions…this cruise is for you. Overall, we enjoyed getting some rest and exploring the different cities/countries. We love to cruise and plan to do other Mediterranean & European cruises…we just won’t do them with MSC Cruises.

Nice, New Ship...Lacking

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by jaunt8

MSC CRUISE – MERAVALIGIA – SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, MALTA

GOOD

1. New Ship

2. Nice Balcony suites

OBSERVATION

FINAL

jaunt8’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Meraviglia price drops

Nice & Comfortable. Adequate storage. Comfortable private bathroom layout. Stepping up into the tub/shower is rather high especially for someone with disabilities or needing assistance but the glass partition can be opened.
  MSC Meraviglia Deck Plans