3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was my second cruise on NCL Breakaway and with some changes since 2013 , overall it is a great ship. As we approached the pier at about 11 am ,we noticed it was very hard to get our luggage to the carts. People were still disembarking from the previous cruise. The pier was very crowded and we had to ask where to go, even though we sailed from this pier many times before. It was much more complicated and confusing since our first sailing in 2013. Once we got the information we needed, things started running more smoothly as we boarded the ship. Our friends met us at the garden café for lunch. After lunch, we went to make reservations for the comedy show and then our rooms were ready. I was very pleased with my room and loved the angled balcony. I was in a BD category on the 9th floor, room number 9736. This room was very quiet at night. I loved the view from my balcony and spent a lot of time on it. I had a family of five next door to me and the room was still quiet and I can say this was probably the first cruise I got a full nights sleep every night. Ncl provided a small box fan, since I'm used to sleeping with a fan on. The beds are worn with indentations, I'm glad I brought a body pillow to fill in the empty space. WE attended the drill and after that, we went to the top deck to take photos and attend the sailaway celebration. That evening, we attended the welcome aboard show and was asked up on stage , which I thought was pretty funny since I don't dance and that's what they wanted me to do. All and all, we had a pretty nice first day. Day 2 , October 2......Day 2 was a sea day. In the morning, my husband and I would go eat breakfast at the buffet and then went to the hot tub or pool. At 11 am, we had our Cruise Critic meet and greet in Lacucina. Since I headed the group, I got to know everyone from the roll call. It was so nice to meet new friends and we got a beautiful group photo. The officers showed up and talked with us a while.After the meet and greet, my friends and I had lunch In margaritaville at sea....this was new to breakaway since my last sailing . At 5 pm, the cruise critic group had a slot pull which I enjoyed, even though we didn't win, it still was so much fun. that evening, you have the option to dress up. My husband and I were invited to the Vip party in the haven...Officers were there too and we got to speak to them. The hotel director Vuk kept sending candy and plates of little snacks to my room as a thank you for heading the cruisecritic group. That was very nice and made my cruise special. I especially loved the fruit basket. Day 2 is seafood night, Thought id find something other than seafood to eat, but didn't have much selection of anything else , so my husband and I decided to go to Savor dining room. When I came back to my room, My cabin steward had my room set up for my birthday. After I stopped to thank him in the hallway and give him alittle extra tip for doing something extra and so nice, that was the last time I saw him throughout the cruise. We played a lot of trivia and listened to a lot of music from the group 24 Karat. The next three days were port days with a lot of things to do. Day 3 MY birthday and a port day to port Canaveral. WE did an excursion to universal studios which was very nice. We spent only three hours in the park and then went to city walk to get a snack in menchies for my birthday. I only wish I would have did Disney instead this time and tried to change my excursion, but it was sold out. That's why its important to book your excursions ahead of time, if you decide to do any. Sometime during the cruise there was a lattitudes party which we missed for the first time because we didn't get notification to our room. That night , we got back late, so we ate at the buffet. For the evening show, we saw second city. They were very entertaining and funny. Day 4.....oct 4th...we were supposed to stop in stirrup cay, but due to the rough seas, the capt announced that we would be going straight to Nassau for the evening and the next day. It was 84 degrees out and even though there was overcast, I still got a tan anyway. That night we saw "Rock of ages" Day 5 .....oct 5th...we were in Nassau. WE had booked blue lagoon island beach day. Ive done it several times and really enjoy it. Its fun for all ages and they also have a nice lunch included. I walked around to watch the dolphins and sea lions being trained, Shopped and went swimming while my husband relaxed on the beach. WE had cagneys booked this night and celebrated my birthday with my friends there. I think this was the day we also saw burn the floor ...That night was also the glow party that we attended for a little while. WE were so tired from swimming all day, that we headed to bed. Day 6.....oct 6th....This day was a sea day. We enjoyed sometime at the pool, did trivia, and just took it easy this day. In the evening, we had 'circus dreams booked'. Its a great show and everyone should see it at least once. This was our second time seeing this show too. WE also attended " how to run a floating hotel" with the hotel director. The 90s party was this night and we attended it for a little while. Day 7.....Oct 7th....This day was busy with lots of things to do on the ship but also it was time to get ready to disembark the next morning. We had tappanaki booked for diner. All and all, the food was pretty good on this cruise. Sometime during this day, our room never got made up, I don't know what happened to my cabin steward and would hope not to get him again. I never got my disembarking information so, I took the wrong tags and everyone elses luggage was picked up that evening except mine. I got no towels so had to call house keeping to get some more towels. Day 8..Oct 8th....Disembarkment I would say was horrible. I didn't get priorty disembarkment as usual due to medical. At 5 am , I had to call to find out why my bags weren't picked up. They sent someone to give me the right tags finally and took my luggage to where it needed to go...there was no way I could carry that all down. So, to sum this up....my room was great, shows were great, food was great....just had a few complaints....the smoking on the ship was horrible...I saw a women flick her lit cigarette off the ship, they tell you not to due to the possibility of causing a fire on the ship. No one enforced the smoking policy. Aside from my cabin steward and a few mishaps, bad disembarkment and the smoke filled ship...I had a great cruise anyway . Dan Dan was great as usual......Thanks NCL for all the positive things that happened to me on this cruise. NCL is the best even with little inconviences, its still my favorite cruiseline.

Birthday Cruise On NCL Breakaway

bklynangel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 9736
This room is fantastic with an extra large angled balcony . Room is quiet but long walk to the buffet and other places.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins