3. Pacific Princess
I chose this 23 day cruise, Sept 25-Oct 18, 2017, from Dover to Venice (it was 2 cruises BTB that we booked as one cruise) as much for the ship as for the itinerary. I have cruised on most of the ships in the Princess fleet, this was my 3rd time on this particular ship, and she is my #1 favorite. I love the small ship experience, as it is a much more intimate way to cruise than it is on the larger Princess ships. Making new cruise friends is so much easier, as is getting to know the crew. Because I had sailed on the Pacific Princess less than a year ago. I recognized some of the crew members, and they recognized me immediately as having been on her fairly recently. My cabin-mate had not cruised on small ship before and wasn't sure how she would like it, but by the end of our 23 days, she decided she loved it too. Getting around in the ship is a breeze ... one can walk from one end to the other in 2-3 minutes. Getting an elevator is generally quick, and they are often completely empty when the doors open. Disembarking in ports is generally quick, and tendering doesn't usually take long in either direction, Cabins have been recently updated and redecorated, with new headboards, sofas, drapes, mattresses and bed linens. While the closets are smaller, there is a decent amount of other storage, and the two of us had no difficulty having enough space for all of our belongings. All of our excursions were booked thru Princess, and we really enjoyed them. Other updating in public areas include new carpeting, new lounges on the pool deck, as well as seating groupings with chairs and sofas in the pool area. We ate all of our dinners in the dining room, and found our wait staff to be excellent. Menus were varied, lots of great desserts, and we never had a problem finding something we could enjoy. Breakfasts and lunches were in the buffet. On nice days we took advantage of the outdoor seating on the deck aft of the buffet. it's a very pleasant area with nice new tables and chairs. On sunny days, the buffet staff rolled out the awnings, which provided shade for much of the outdoor dining area. Although we didn't get involved in most of the daytime shipboard activity offerings, we did go to most of the shows. The Princess singers and dancers were wonderful, and they put on several exciting, high energy shows. Among them, Simon Breen (singer and dancer), and McKenzie (dancer) are both excellent, and were my favorites. We especially enjoyed Austin Ray, pianist/singer, who performed most evenings in the Casino Lounge, and was very entertaining. Stevie B (singer of Rock and Roll numbers) did several shows in the Cabaret Lounge and he was great every time. They also had a couple of very funny standup comics. The evening of the day we were in Venice overnight, the Venice Chamber Orchestra was brought onboard, and they were beyond excellent. I have cruised with Princess almost exclusively for the past 13 years (only one brief venture on another CCL line, and I couldn't wait to get back to Princess). Because I have cruised so much with Princess, I was invited to the MTP luncheon on the first leg, and it was an elegant experience. There was a Cocktail party scheduled for the MTPs on the 2nd leg that I was invited to, but it had to be cancelled at the last moment. In lieu of it, those who had been invited to it were sent champagne and delicious canapé's that afternoon, by the ship's Captain and the Captain's Circle host, a very nice gesture that was much appreciated. Each time I have been on this ship, I have always found the service to be uniformly excellent. The staff and crew of this ship seems to love being there and it shows in their attitudes and how hard they work to assure that the passengers are happy.. Would I cruise on this ship again .... without a doubt!

I love this "Little White Lady"

Pacific Princess Cruise Review by flamomo

All of our excursions were booked thru Princess, and we really enjoyed them.

Would I cruise on this ship again .... without a doubt!
flamomo’s Full Rating Summary