3. Grandeur of the Seas
I choose this cruise because it was a gift for my wife's birthday. We share a 2 year daughter together who also came with us on the cruise. I would rate the cruise rating even higher if there were more events or activities for our child. There is a children's area on the Grandeur of Seas, however, a problem does exist. The portion that is some-what like a nursery is very very very small. I think only infants would be practical here and even so, maybe two total. The selection of toys were also targeted for the infant and not the toddler.The age criteria for the nursery is children 2 years and below. The other portion of the children's area is for 3 years and up. So that's a problem for our 2 year old. So if you are 2 years old, you do not fit in on this ship. Also, Royal Caribbean policy does not allow children in swim diapers to enter the pools, so count the pool out for your toddler if they are too young. I think more events could of been planned in the Centrum, which seem to be the prized area of the ship. My daughter did enjoy the "Fair games" that everyone could partake in. Maybe events like the fair games would great for little ones, the face painting was great. I know many would just leave their children at home and go on a cruise, but that is not our intentions. If that is a possibility for other cruisers, then I would give the rating a much higher score. It was tough taking laps around the ship because that was most of what we could only do with a 2 year old. Also, This cruise was in October, from Baltimore to Bermuda. The child count was 90, but I am assuming that is children 17 and below. Something to consider. A short talk on the cabins. I would recommend trying your best to get a cabin from Deck 4 and above. I was on deck 2 and, yes, you could smell a light stench constantly from the bathroom. The noise was not a problem, (ocean and engines) these ships are pretty strong. I talked briefly with a family on Deck 3, they agreed about the same issues of smell. The bathrooms are super small. I am 6ft and approximately 225 lbs, a very tight fit in the shower.... Please take my advice. Spend more $$$ or book earlier and you will be satisfied. "Cry now, not later!" I guess I purchased a little late (Approx 5 mos). Most buy them 1 year to 6-8 mos in advanced. Oh yeah... DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT! > eat at the Bone Fish Restaurant at Kings Warf Port. Its cost $15 dollars and change for a burrito. Other items on the menu are $18 and even $20 dollars per dish. Gratuity is automatically added to bill also. I am saying I have had more expensive food before, but the quality is something to consider. This Bone Fish Restaurant is a tourist trap! You can see the place as soon as you approach the roadway. ITS A TRAP! If you want food that is fast service and a far better price, take a bus or whatever your preferred method is to Horseshoe Bay. Just at the cove/beach plataeu is a great beach themed restaurant for drinks, ice cream, burgers, hit dogs, mozz sticks, and more. Warning, Horseshoe Bay is rumored to be busy/crowded, lucky for us, it wasn't! The alcohol drink package is very important. You will save big time. If you purchase an alcohol package, the soda package is included. Only problem is, you must order one drink at a time. This is done to limit potential sharing, to entice you to buy an additional package per person. If you have a little ingenuity like me, this isn't a problem. Just order your drinks with a little "skill" in timing, servers, and location... you get my point? The food was great! No complaints on a single meal or prepared drink. The servers are awesome, the waiters are compassionate and will make your family happy. Our waiters at dinner even remembered our first names and drink preferences every night. The room attendants were fast and polite. I made one request for new sheets and it was done pronto, like genie poof fast. Yes, I even rigged a secret trap to see if they did the real deal and not just a quick tighten up. They are legit! The room service is not completely complimentary for all the 1st timers out there. There is a service charge of $7.95 per delivery and sometimes an additional $3.00, not sure why the $3.00 though... I did order a lot of bacon one time, maybe that was it? Finally, the last issue. I think the port times could be arranged better. Why do we have to leave between 1pm and 2pm on the the second day? Maybe its a rule for the port or something? Its kinda sad that you arrive at mid day on day 1, have to run about the island and hope to make it back for your dinner time, unless you hit the buffet when you return. Then you leave so early the next day...I mean, you dropped us off at the end of the cruise in Baltimore at 730ish in the morning, that's not fair. Why cant we get to Bermuda in the morning to at least give 1 full day instead of 2 half days. The second day, you better get your lamb chops on the ship by boarding time because they do not wait if you are late. So really you short an additional hour or two if your smart on your ALREADY HALF DAY.

Grandeur to Bermuda

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by pauly8151

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda

pauly8151’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

I gave this portion in a previous portion of the review, I just copy and pasted this portion to be thorough. > A short talk on the cabins. I would recommend trying your best to get a cabin from Deck 4 and above. I was on deck 2 and, yes, you could smell a light stench constantly from the bathroom. The noise was not a problem, (ocean and engines) these ships are pretty strong. I talked briefly with a family on Deck 3, they agreed about the same issues of smell. The bathrooms are super small. I am 6ft and approximately 225 lbs, a very tight fit in the shower, almost shoulders touching the shower walls... The queen bed was comfortable and the storage space for my family's clothing was sufficient. Please take my advice. Spend more $$$ or book earlier and you will be satisfied. "Cry now, not later!" I guess I purchased a little late (Approx 5 mos). Most buy them 1 year to 6-8 mos in advanced.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans

• Horseshoe Bay Beach
    Just ask the public taxi drivers to take you to a sweet beach! Note: Taxis will take you direct to your location. Certain buses will only drop you off at bus stops, you might need to walk 10-15 mins.Locals are friendly, they welcome tourists, its the # 2 source of income to the island.
    View All 161 Horseshoe Bay Beach Reviews