3. Norwegian Jewel
My husband and I were very apprehensive when we booked our first cruise. We have traveled through Europe several times always planning the trips independently, so freestyle cruising seemed the best choice for us. This turned out to be the perfect choice! We did whatever we wanted whenever.

Cabin 9006 is very near the front of the ship. I'm told that the front is a little bumpier than cabins toward the middle and back. Since this was my first cruise, I have nothing to compare this to but a couple of nights, it was pretty rough to me. The cabin itself was small but very organized with enough storage space for both of us. The balcony was great and the room was very quiet. We had no problems with this cabin at all and our steward was absolutely wonderful. The room was spotless and and clean every time we returned to it.

We ate at Tsar's for almost all our meals, since we are not buffet eaters. We also dined at Le Bistro, Cagney's Steakhouse, Mamma's Italian Kitchen twice, Tango's, and Chin Chin. My favorite was Cagney's and least favorite was Tango's. The food was just so-so tex-mex. Not very tasty at all! The service in all the specialty restaurants was excellent.

I loved the fact that NCL had the hand sanitizers at every restaurant door and every time you returned to the ship. I'm very conscious of germs now that the swine flu is spreading. Good to know that a cruise ship is too!

We are not show enthusiasts so we did not attend any of the shows. We did play trivia several times and enjoyed that. I loved the library and the card room. We also loved to sit in the Spinnaker Lounge throughout the day--reading, napping, or just enjoying the view.

All in all, we will cruise again and with NCL. The next time, with patches for my husband!

Great First Cruise!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by jwlanclos

Cabin 9006 is very near the front of the ship. I'm told that the front
is a little bumpier than cabins toward the middle and back. Since this
was my first cruise, I have nothing to compare this to but a couple of
nights, it was pretty rough to me. The cabin itself was small but very
organized with enough storage space for both of us. The balcony was
great and the room was very quiet. We had no problems with this cabin
at all and our steward was absolutely wonderful. The room was spotless
and and clean every time we returned to it.

jwlanclos’s Full Rating Summary