3. Brilliance of the Seas
I chose this cruise (Brilliance of the Seas) because of the Itinerary and dates. I've done 8 cruises with Royal Caribbean and I was disappointed to see this ship was lacking good maintenance, general cleanness, the shows were old and bored. For the first time in my life, I experienced a cruise in which a value added tax between 18% and 21% was added to all my purchases, as well as a 10% of Service Charge in all my consumes. One night I bought a bottle of Prosecco in one of the bars (Vintages) to take it to my room, nevertheless a 10% of Service Charge was added to my purchase plus the tax, even though the waiter just took out the bottle of a fridge, that was the service he did. The reason they gave for the Value Added Tax was because we were never in International Waters, but as soon as we touch land, the cruise shops were closed as well as the casino, and that is inconsistent. If you take that into consideration, it increases your budget in about 30% and that is a lot of money. Also, we were making almost the same itinerary as the Jewel of the Seas and I noticed they had more personnel at the Ports to help people to get back on board.Also, we were making almost the same itinerary as the Jewel of the Seas and I noticed they had more personnel at the Ports to help people to get back on board. We had a very nice experience at the Crown Grill Restaurant, food was amazing and service too. We also had dinner at Izumi's which suprisingly was not a good experience. The place is too small, food was not good and not well prepared. I've been to the Izumi Restaurant on the Oasis and the Allure, and it was quite different. Staff was always polite and willing to help you every time. Entertainment was kind of old style, I did not enjoy it too much.

Outstanding Ports of Call

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Claudia Walliser

Staff was always polite and willing to help you every time.

Entertainment was kind of old style, I did not enjoy it too much.
Claudia Walliser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Cabin was nice, balcony was in terrible shape, full of oxide. The bathroom appliances and mirrors were old and not in good shape.

Cabin had a coffee maker which was nice.
Windows at the balcony were not clean and it was difficult to get a nice view sitting down on the balcony.
Cabin had a nice walking closet, very spacious.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans