3. Norwegian Jade
My friend wanted to view fall foliage and visit Quebec. Either it wasn't the right time, or it was too warm or something. Did not see ANY colorful fall foliage. The cruise was not labeled as a senior cruise, but we were astounded by how many very elderly, often disabled people were on our cruise. We wondered if we mistakenly took the wrong cruise. One man, in a wheel chair, was being fed by his female companion. Many used motorized scooters or wheel chairs and walkers. Food on the cruise was not what we expected. Scrambled eggs were often mushy, desserts were tasteless and bland. We boarded in NYC but boarding was a NIGHTMARE, had to wait in line for 3-4 hours to board, even cruise staff were surprised at the long lines and had no explanation for why it took so long. Shore excursions were disappointing. We wanted to visit the Titanic Cemetary but because of having to wait over an hour for our bus, the tour guide brushed off the shortened tour as "having to meet deadlines" and started the tour speech before all people were even off the bus !! Cigarette smoking allowed in the casino could be smelled in the adjacent entertainment theater and in the hallway outside my room. Since I am allergic, it greatly affected my sinuses. I was thankful I brought ear plugs as the music from the lounges and bars was loud and could be distinctly heard in my room. I would not have been able to sleep !! I will cruise again, but not with Norweigan.

Disappointing First Cruise Experience

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by sjosly2

I will cruise again, but not with Norweigan.
sjosly2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 8561
Cabin had nice decor, just not sound proof enough.It was easy to hear the loud music from the adjacent bar or lounge inside my room. Beds were uncomfortable to sleep in, kept falling into the split between the two beds pushed together to make a full size bed. TV often had weak or no signal, meaning the story was often compromised by the breaking up or pixelation of the signal. Wasn't a wide enough range of movies offered. Those that were offered were often repeated.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins