3. Adventure of the Seas
I always read bad reviews thinking that that person must always be angry or hard to please and I truly never thought I would ever have to write one. Unfortunately, the ship and level of service were just in too bad of condition to not speak up. Below are some selected items I wanted to review: Overall cleanliness of the ship was poor. Furniture was very worn and the carpet has possibly never been changed. Almost every window was dirty. It might sound petty, but these are the kinds of things that make you feel like you are on a B class ship. Service was definitely lacking. Snail pace dining room service for breakfast and dinner. Most crew were seemingly not happy or interested in being there. I'm sure that many of the crew were fantastic, but I can only speak to the ones I came in contact with. Several bartenders were great especially in the Schooner bar and off the Promenade. Bussers in the Windjammer were very nice as well. Our floor (8th) and stateroom smelled like a gym locker room and our stateroom attendant only did the bare minimum in cleaning and communicating. Blood stains on sheets and pillow cases, tears in the bed sheets, wet bed sheets (no luck with sheets as you can tell) mold in the shower, tea colored hot water from sink just to list a few instances of the quality of stateroom. I purchased the romance package (champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals and a card) which was supposed to be in the room before we arrived as a surprise for my wife, but instead there was a note stating they could not satisfy the order because they were out of roses and wanted to know if I still wanted the romance package. My wife read the note and therefore surprise was blown. Just make a decision and deliver the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! Dining room had poor service and seemed a bit chaotic. My wife would order dishes marked gluten-free only to be told thirty minutes later they were not gluten-free. This happened the first half of the trip until we started eating in the Windjammer. The dinning room food was good, but the Windjammer was actually better. We were pleasantly surprised by the Windjammer all week for breakfast, lunch and dinner and did not have to worry about the slow service. Giovanni's table was outstanding and gets high marks for food and service. Entertainment was lacking, but that doesn't weigh too heavily in our review. Schooner bar had the best entertainment of the trip. Piano player, instrumental guitar, trivia, etc. Ports of call are a mixed bag. Reviews as follows: St. Kitts - $60 round trip cab ride for two to an OK beach. Relaxing, but not much going on there. Antigua - we did the catamaran and Lobster lunch which is a must! Excellent excursion. Martinique - nothing much to do within close proximity to the ship. Wouldn't recommend getting off the ship. St. Lucia - COSOL tours excursion was wonderful. It's a full day but you get to see all of this beautiful island and are well fed and liquored up with rum punch. Highly recommended. Barbados - Beach hop Island style was very nice. I recommend that excursion or just driving over to Carlisle Bay for the whole day. You can't go wrong with a Barbados beach and the locals are super friendly. Most the ports were stellar which really made the trip. I just feel like Royal Caribbean pairs this ship with great ports to offset the poor conditions. I highly recommend Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados, but can't recommend you get there on this ship.

Fun ports but disgusting ship

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by PapaBear84

Ports of call are a mixed bag. Reviews as follows:

PapaBear84’s Full Rating Summary