This was our first river cruise and we had never been to Normandy. The D-Day beaches were the draw but the entire Seine to the Manche journey was beautiful. AmaWaterways is superb. The personal service, warmth and friendliness was outstanding. The excursions were thoughtful and the guides a cut above. The dining rooms were outstanding. Every need was anticipated and every whim was satisfied. I left some items in my cabin after we disembarked. By the time I had emailed the AmaWaterways headquarters, the items had been found and were in the process of being packaged and sent to my home. This is such great customer service. We will never use another cruise line for river cruising. These folks really care about keeping us happy. The Paris hotel for the cruise, the Intercontinental Marceau, was lovely, immaculate, with great service and location. We stayed before the cruise, rather than after because that suited our plans.

Normandy and the Seine-quiet and intimate-great service

AmaLyra Cruise Review by Weldoncam

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

Weldoncam’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaLyra price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 216
Surprisingly roomy, beautiful soft linens. Great shower.
Violing Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Highlights Tour
    We took 2 tours in Rouen-Highlights and Jewish Community. Both tours were led by the most spectacular guide-a British expat to Rouen.
    View All 28 Highlights Tour Reviews