3. Oasis of the Seas
Chose this cruise because it's in driving distance for us. We drove down on Sat and stayed at the Hampton Inn Ormond/Daytona, which was about an hour away. On Sunday - cruise day - we left the hotel at 9am and were on the ship by 11am. The only issue on that short trip was that when we approached Port Canaveral there were no signs to the ship! We wandered around and finally asked the people directing parking at the Carnival terminal, who kindly sent us back to Oasis. That was just about the only hitch in the trip. We were a group of Senior adults (3 sisters in one room and brother and his wife in another) so we didn't avail ourselves of the zip line, climbing wall, or flow rider. No need to add an emergency room visit to the itinerary! Some in our group prefer an early dinner - which I had never done before - and I was surprised that I really liked it! We chose the My Time Dining (American Icon Dining Room) and made reservations before the trip at 5pm each night. Actually, we had some difficulty using the website for the reservations but I called and customer service set them up for me. The first night we loved the location of our table and our two waiters (D1 and D2) and requested them for the rest of the trip. It felt just like regular dining room seating - same table, same waiters - but at the time we preferred - win win! The food was wonderful. This was my third trip on the Oasis and I don't remember being as impressed by the food previously. In fact, I distinctly remember being unimpressed with the desserts - but not this time! Everything was wonderful! We loved all of the shows - especially CATS. Do not miss the backstage tour! It was very cool to be able to walk on the stage and then tour the dressing room and costume rooms. Plus we got some small group time with actors in CATS and a fascinating discussion from the stage manager and a couple of the technicians - including the guy who in charge of all the rigging that supports the acrobats. Loved it! (It wasn't advertised - just noted as an activity on on of the sea days in the Compass) One of the support divers was ill during the week, so the aqua show was repeatedly cancelled. That was a bit frustrating. We certainly sympathized with the sick diver - wasn't his fault, but it kept being rescheduled and we should work our day around it and show up only to find out it was cancelled again. To add insult to injury, there was a demo performance of some diving and other skills from the show provided to the elite Crown and Anchor members but nothing like that for the people that showed up each night wanting to see the water show. I didn't know why RC didn't start the showtime with a brief announcement about the illness and say, "we invite you to stay for an exhibition of some of the water show components, and hope that we can present the full show later in the week for you". As it turns out, on the last night he was well enough to dive and they did three standing room only seatings of the show, so we did get to see it. All's well that ends well. As for the ports and excursions... I went on the Rainbow Reef Snorkel in Nassau. I chose that so I could spend some time in that beautiful blue water and in that regard, it did not disappoint. However, the water was very rough. There were maybe 40 people on the boat and after about 10 minutes, half of them were back on the boat. Some people got seasick. It was supposed to be an hour of snorkeling but no one lasted that long. I stayed about 45 minutes. The crew was excellent - took good care of us and were always checking to be sure we were managing ok. In Cozumel, we took a taxi to Chakanaab, which I highly recommend! Beautiful beach, great snorkeling, very nice pool with great view of dolphins jumping in the dolphin excursion area, and a great $20 deal which included all the lunch you wanted and all the drinks you wanted. Can't beat that! By the way, there was also plenty of shade, free lockers, and showers. Finally, we enjoyed the day in Costa Maya - and I do mean ENJOYED it. We started with massages at the massage hut, followed that with lunch and margaritas and a short dip in the pool, and then, because we were just exhausted from the day's activities, we went for another massage before returning to the boat :-) (Yep, we're old!) It was a great trip and I would recommend it for great entertainment, a beautiful ship, fabulous food and service, and an overall good time.

Altered itinerary but still a great cruise!!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mllove2000

mllove2000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

8303 is arranged with the bed beside the closet which is awkward. We had 3 adults in the room. We managed ok with storage, but when the sofa bed folded out at night there was barely any room to walk at all. I slept on the sofa bed and the side I slept on was fine for me. There was a hump in the middle that would have been uncomfortable if someone needed to sleep in the middle of the bed. I loved having the Boardwalk balcony and watching all the activities below. However, the view of the Aqua Theater was obstructed enough that you could only see parts of the show from the balcony. We could see one of the large video screens well, so we could have watched a movie from our balcony if we had wanted to. I like being on Deck 8 - same deck as Central Park - so it's easy to get from one end of the ship to the other, and also easy to run by the Park Cafe for coffee or a quick bite.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans