MSC Musica Cruise Review

MSC Musica Cruise Review by sacramouille

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

SO, I was expecting nothing by taking this cruise. I had read so many negative reviews on MSC and the food..etc.. But since the itinerary was so beautiful, we decided to give it a try. Well, this cruise exceded my expectations...

First, it started quite rough since we were in room 8191.. right over the Chrystal lounge.. OMG! We called the reception, they offered to move us for the night to another room. It was midnight so we accepted. The next day, they offered us to stay in that new room. We were happy of the service provided. Next, came shower time.. Water overflowed to the room... They offered to move us another time.. This time, to a balcony! WOW! That's what I call service. 4 guys were outside my door waiting to help me move all my things to the new room.

I had read that the food was close to mediocre. Being quite picky, I thought I was going to spend the week eating next to nothing. Well... that was not the case. ALthough the menue choices were not was I am used to, the dished were tasty and delicious.

One thing I disliked, the ship is rarely on time for arrival. When they say 7 to 13.. I expect them to get me off the ship at 7:00.. Not 7:20. It happened on a couple of occasions and that was not ok by my standards.

The last day, we were supposed to arrive in Venice at 9h00 but the port was closed due to heavy fog. We all missed our flights back home since they let us off the ship at 14h45.. And we got off with all our luggage. That is no fault of theirs but still unpleasant to go through.

We did not go to the shows since we were so tired with jetlag and all the heavy walking we did everyday visiting the amazing ports of call.

All in all, I must say that it was an amazing cruise, we are cruising with them again next March to Dubai and I can't wait!:)

sacramouille's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 11132

8191 was our first.. NEVER BOOK THIS CABIN!

1200?? ws the second. it was a handicaped room so larger but water problem..

11132, gorgeous room, great side to see the ports of call

Venice

Venice is unique. We had already been and we decided to take a hotel closer to the airport. The Crown Plaza in Quarto D'Altino is perfect, great breakfast, free airport shuttle, 10$ to get to the cruiseship/person, and the train is 2 minutes away for 3.80 one way. Just perfect!

You can just walk Venice or use the Vaperattos. 2 days is a must!

Brindisi

Quite surprised by this destination. It is small and pretty. We took the train to Lecce, 10 minute walk , 20 minute ride to one of the most charming old town to visit. I just loved this destination

Katakolon (Olympia)

Bah.. if you've seen Pompeii or Athens.. it's just ok.. But you see where the Olympics all started.

Santorini

seeing this amazing destination arrive on your balcony.. just wow! We took the boat ride just outside the port to Oia for 16$ per person, including the ride back to Fira. We walked down the stairs back to the ship! Don't do it! take theride down instead! I just hated seeing all the poor donkeys being abused.. with no water!

Athens (Piraeus)

we got off at Terminal B! The bus is just outside the terminal, takes you directly to the Acropolis. Get there early to avoid the ship buses. Get tickets to and from. Get the 30$ package, not the 20$ to be able to enter all the sites.

Kotor

wow, just amazing! The highlight and discovery of my cruise. It is simply gorgeous and like nothing I had ever seen. We took the blue line bus to Perast for 1$ ( right after the market) It passes every hour at :15. It takes about 20ish to get there. Then, a 5$ boat ride to the island. Thebus passes at :30 from there to Kotor. You must climb to the fort, the view is simply amazing. Wear comfy shoes. Plan time to get lost in the city! It is like nothing you've seen before! SO gorgeous!

sacramouille