3. Viking Heimdal
We stayed in Nice for 3 days prior to the cruise, which was a great way to see a wonderful city, while acclimating to the time difference. Viking met us at the airport and shuttled us to our hotel, where we met our Viking staff who took care of us on our Nice visit. The Le Meridian was a comfortable hotel and convenient to the sea and downtown. We also got top enjoy a Jazz festival the coincided with our time there. We were comfortably transported to our ship by motor coach and greeted warmly once onboard the Viking Heimdal in Avignon. We stayed in a suite which I would recommend. The service on Viking is fabulous. This was our second cruise with them, and we are already planning another. Everyone speaks english buy do learn a bit of the local language. We might have planned too many excursions and will plan on spending more time onboard next time. The food is plentiful, fresh and deliciously prepared. Great wines as well. Good idea to buy the Spirits package. There are some wonderful excursions with guides that truly know each port that you visit. I cannot Compliment Viking enough for their extremely professional experience at every level. I forgot my IPhone on the coach and the quickly found it and got it back to me. We made many friends on this cruise who we remain in touch with and plan on cruising with them again.

Provence / Avignon - Lyon

scott morrison’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 320
The cabin was well appointed and quite comfortable. We opted for a Veranda suite as opposed to the French Balcony that we had on our first cruise. It was nice to sit on our balcony with a glass of champagne watching the sights from our room. The cleaning staff were exceptional.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins