I chose this cruise because of the timing, and itinerary. My Mother and I purchased this cruise only 2 months before the departure date and I booked everything directly with the AMA Waterways call centre. the experience was amazing right from the moment the representative picked up the phone! Helpful, and knowledgeable we had the cruise, the after extension and our flights and transfers all completed within half an hour. We were met at the airport by the cruise line representative, put in a comfortable transport directly to the ship. Although we arrived early we could stay on the ship in the lounge until our room was ready, lunch and hot beverages were served. The Cabins are small but cozy and my only complaint was the beds were uncomfortably hard. But the linens were beautiful and the shower was modern with instant hot water! There was also Apple TV and internet access in the room. The food was outstanding - particularly the Chefs table, but the regular meals were top notch. the soups and the breads deserve special mention. The ship itself was a bit Dowdy, but comfortable. For me the highlights were the tours, and the cruise manager went out of her way to be helpful. My mom is 79 and recovering from knee surgery (we were celebrating here recovery) Everyone on the staff was helpful and kind. Each room came equipped with your own Quietvox for the tours, which was a nice touch, when you met your guide it was simple to link to her/his transmitter so it was easy to hear and i found the transmission to be very good. I felt the tours were all top notch!

Traveling with Mom

Klliddiard’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaLyra price drops

Standard Stateroom
Cabin D 329
The room was cozy but small. Plenty of storage. The bathroom was modern and the shower was great with instant hot water. We had a full floor to ceiling window with a sliding door - no balconies on this ship. My only complaint was the while the linens were beautiful, the bed was very hard. In these days of memory foam there is no reason for this. the cruise caters to an older crowd, and sleep comfort should be a priority.
Piano Deck Outside Cabins