3. Pacific Eden
The ship & cruise were much better than I anticipated. I researched previous PNG cruises but there was not a lot of information available. The ports were Alotau (docked) Kitava Kirawina & Conflict Island (all tender). Best to have PNG Kina for purchases & donations to local schools,midwives, guides etc. There were no shore excursions on Kitava & Kirawina. The locals walk a long way to from their village to the beach to see the "rich" people off the ship & the children are happy to sing & dance. All the people appreciate donations of kina & colour pencils, books, games etc for the children. We had a midship oceanview cabin on deck 6 which was good. Close to everything. The Waterfront, Angelos & Dragon Lady Restaurants were reasonable. The nightly shows were average. Staff were friendly & helpful. I have been on many different cruise lines & I would rate this ship well below Celebrity & Royal Caribbean & slightly below Princess. It is however good value for money & well above Carnival.

Cairns to PNG