Viking Akun Cruise Review

First Viking Cruise

Viking Akun Cruise Review by Slittle

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: Russia River

We chose this cruise because of the price and our interest. It was our first river cruise, and I can't say enough about Viking and how we were treated! From our pick up at the airport to our return to the airport was top notch. We have mostly traveled on our own because we thought we wanted the independence. No more. We enjoyed being pampered and scheduled. My husband likened it to being at an adult summer camp!! We loved having our daily schedule delivered to our room along with the informative sessions about what we were to see the following day. We also enjoyed all the educational activities on board along with the interesting people we met-staff and other guests. My husband is a picky eater but thoroughly enjoyed the meals. On other vacations we get tired of deciding where to eat for all our meals and whether we needed reservations. It was a joy to get back to the ship after a full day of sightseeing with a little time to refresh and maybe take a quick nap before being waited on hand and foot at dinner. We are already planning our next Viking cruise.

Slittle's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Veranda 432

The cabin was small but didn't feel small. There was ample room for all our belongings and luggage. There were plenty of storage cubicles and nooks. Our room was quieter than most hotels we've ever stayed in.

City Tour

It was a lot of walking for not enough sights.

View All 38 City Tour Reviews
Kremlin

Was a surprise because I had a limited vision of what was inside the Kremlin..WOW!

Red Square

Was everything I had imagined.

View All 35 Red Square Reviews
Catherine Palace

No words to describe.

View All 226 Catherine Palace Reviews
City Tour

It was ok for a city tour.

View All 378 City Tour Reviews
Hermitage Museum

Was overwhelming! I came home and read the Madonnas of Leningrad. Highly recommend the book.

View All 377 Hermitage Museum Reviews
Peter & Paul Fortress

Unfortunately one of my memories included the pitiful bathroom situation although did make for a good story! :-)

View All 114 Peter & Paul Fortress Reviews
Peterhof Palace

Was on our last day and what a great way to end our trip.

View All 231 Peterhof Palace Reviews
Russian Ballet Show

The ballet was fabulous! I had ever seen an abbreviated version of Swan Lake before this and of course seeing it in St. Petersburg was fabulous.

View All 99 Russian Ballet Show Reviews
Russian Folk Dance

Fun night

View All 53 Russian Folk Dance Reviews
St. Isaac's Cathedral

Not enough time to actually go inside.

View All 113 St. Isaac's Cathedral Reviews