• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Sunshine Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Week of Sunshine in the Northeast!

Review for Carnival Sunshine to Canada & New England
WMQueenie
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Interior

Just got back yesterday from NE/Canadian cruise aboard the Sunshine. Traveled with my husband and sister in 2 inside cabins (we are all in our 60's)

Here's a quick (or not so quick!) review -

Embarkation was awful! First time I ever said that...there was a hold up that lasted about 45 minutes. That may not seem long but when you are standing in the middle of the of the long line it seemed like forever. It was very warm in there and it got pretty annoying when you saw all the agents standing around with no explanation. Once we got moving again, all was right with the world. Appreciated the express elevators going direct to the buffet on the Lido deck or the barbecue at the Taste Bar on deck 5, which is where we went. Few people and a very tasty, quick lunch. The muster drill was torture...longest I've ever been to! We left NY over 2 hours late which was kind of nice because of seeing the city with all the lights on at dusk.

Interior

Cabin 4D

Just copying from above - Cabin 5333 and 5337 on deck 5. The cabins are pretty standard interior rooms but I found it a bit odd that there was not one piece of "artwork" in the room. Completely blank walls. Don't think we've ever stayed anywhere that didn't have at least one picture on the wall! Loved the location on deck 5!! One deck down to dinner, elevators nice and close and Ocean Plaza and the casino were about 1 minute down the hall. Michael, our steward was fine. Met him the first night when he had us fill out a form for morning service, night service or both. We choose both because I think that is what makes a cruise special/different from staying in a hotel. I like ice twice a day and love having my room freshened up twice a day. I requested extra hangers and never got them so we just doubled up a lot of clothes. Also asked for the closed captioning to be taken off the TV and that never happened...got used to it. Our toilet stopped working twice and it was fixed immediately. The water pressure is very low, not sure if that was ship wide or just our area. The room temperature was never cool enough for me! Had it all the way down and it never got below 72 degrees - I have a clock I bring aboard that shows the temperature. Bed, sheets, pillows were all very comfortable...slept like a baby!

2 Helpful Votes