3. Navigator of the Seas
We had no problems getting onto the ship we had already printed off our sea pass on-line. Our luggage arrived by 2pm. The cabin was inside deck 6 & was very good there was loads of cupboard space and wardrobe space which really surprised us. The bed was massive I was expecting a small bed! The ship itself was larger than I expected and very well appointed the dining rooms and public rooms were lovely. All the staff were helpful and polite. The food in the dining room was only okay it was obviously pre-prepared you could only have steak medium or well done! Everything came with mash potato. We ate one night at Portofino paying $25 each extra it was well worth it. We paid for the wine package and thought that was a good deal at 25% off normal prices. The only show we did was the ice show (which was excellent)as we were on late dining, when we booked we were told that this was at 8.15pm but it was at 9.15pm which was too late for us, the people on our table of eight must have also thought that because none of them turned up all week! if we go again we would do MY time or Early dining. The windjammer was okay but we were lucky to get a table at breakfast and there was only two of us. We enjoyed the crazy golf and the pool but the water was cold. The organised excursions were expensive so we did our own thing. We also paid our own tips in Euros at the rate that we felt was appropriate. Liked the fact that you could review your bill on the TV in your room, good idea if you are on a budget. Overall we enjoyed our first cruise, thought that it was good value for money. Enjoyed all of the ports of call.

First time cruisers

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by susan

susan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

• Barcelona
    We really enjoyed Barcelona. We caught a local bus from the port that was about five euros return. The ship only sailed in the evening so we had loads of free time. I was worried about security, muggings etc but I never saw anything like that but I did keep my bag close. The Ramblas was fabulous with street entertainers etc and we went to the food market which was worth a look even if you don't buy anything. I went into the Cathedral but I thought entry was a bit expensive. It was also covered in scaffolding the photos therefore weren't great. The best bit was the Picasso museum that was very interesting even to my boyfriend whom I dragged along we spent a couple of hours in there. There are loads of shops and there is plenty to see and do. No need to buy any excursions at this port.
    View All 2,128 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Genoa
    Nice port but don't catch the ferry boat to the aquarium it costs a fortune and takes you one hundred yards you can walk. Went on pirates ship interesting but no history of it.
    View All 365 Genoa Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Genoa Cruise Port Review
  • Sardinia
    Cagliari very hilly. nice little place. Walk down side streets and discover the hidden churches and local shops. Disappointed with the botanical park not worth the money. Amphitheatre was also disappointing
    View All 242 Sardinia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Sardinia Cruise Port Review
  • Villefranche
    Tender from ship, Lovely little harbour. You can catch the train to Monaco or Nice but it was such a pretty place we didn't bother. Just walked miles and chilled out in a bar watching the world go by. Small market selling crafts few very good restaurants for lunch.
    View All 321 Villefranche Cruise Port Reviews