Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by cruisecritic-mn
- Sail Date: September 2017
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Sunset Veranda
* Food in dining was sub-par, especially for what we paid. Quality was not good, portions were small - I was surprised they did not have menu and wine options that matched with our destinations - Italy, Israel and Greece.
* Drink packages are not worth it, way too expensive. At best, you come out even for what you spend. Only worth it if you want the "pay-up-front and forget about it" benefit.
* Entertainment was in the center area and was quite loud. There were not great options if you wanted quiet time during the evening. Personally, I would have loved classical - piano, violin, etc.
* Common areas were not as clean as they should have been (around pools especially). Felt like lounge chairs were "well-used" and a bit dirty.
What I liked:
* Service was very good. The only wait times were at some of the more popular bars early evening before dinner. There was a crush of people and you'd have to wait 5-10 min to get a drink. Other than, that - state rooms were well kept, clean and everyone was very courteous.
* Cabin was in good shape. Minor complaint about our back deck - got dirty at times, not sure if that was from soot, or something else. We would read on back and books, ipad had dirt after spending an hour or 2. We were on back - room 8353.
* Excursions - favorite excursion by far was the Multi-Day tour in Israel, guide was well-versed.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Athens (Piraeus)Basically provided transportation to/from Athens center. We used Rick Steve's audio tour and that worked for us. Next time, I would skip the tour and just take a taxi to/from Platka area and walk. We loved wondering the Platka area and used the audio tour to get what we wanted. The bus came back too early so we skipped it and took a taxi back on our own.View All 13,774 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
A must do - find an outside restaurant (they are everywhere) and sit down for lunch in the Platka area and have some Greek food!
View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
Haifa (Tel Aviv)Very expensive excursion but well worth it. Tour guide was excellent - from Ministry of Tourism. I felt like the discussion was a little bit biased - would have liked perspective of Palestinian. A friend took a 1-day tour the previous day from a Palestinian tour guide and felt like they got both perspectives.View All 13,774 Haifa (Tel Aviv) Cruise Port Reviews
Saw so many things in Old City, Jordan River, Sea of Galilee, Bethlehem, Nazereth, etc. We especially loved staying and eating off the ship one night in city of Jerusalem - felt like we really got to experience Jerusalem and parts of Israel that we would have never seen. One highlight was visiting the Western Wall at night - was very beautiful.
View Cruise Critic's Haifa (Tel Aviv) Cruise Port Review
Jerusalem (Ashdod)We had already booked the 2-day Multi-Day Grand Israel excursion and wanted to avoid an overlap so we chose the Jaffa and Tel Aviv highlights. Group size was huge (50 people) and not well organized. Group got split up a few times and we had to wait. Would have been much better just going on our own. I would try to go to Dead Sea and Massada next time. We would have liked more time in Tel Aviv and less in Jaffa.View All 13,774 Jerusalem (Ashdod) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Jerusalem (Ashdod) Cruise Port Review
Island of DelosEnjoyed a short boat ride to Delos to see the ruins. I thought the museum was almost better in some ways than walking around the ruins. We only had 15-min there - would have liked more.View All 93 Island of Delos Reviews
Mt. VesuviusTour was as advertised. We did stop on way to Mt Vesuvius to shop, felt a little commercial - not worth the quick stop except to go to the bathroom.View All 57 Mt. Vesuvius Reviews
Pompeii Walking TourGood tour of Pompeii, group was far too large (47 people). Had to slow down and did not get to see everything we wanted.View All 471 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
We did like this tour though.
Rome (Civitavecchia)On boarding experience was good - it was a long walk from the departure area to the ship, but the on-boarding experience went very fast.View All 2,223 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review