3. Celebrity Infinity
After a study of all the Alaska cruises out of Seattle and Vancouver we settled on Infinity out of Vancouver based on itinerary and value looked good because of the drinks packag3 included. Boarding worked quite well but was a bit convoluted. I wasn’t expecting to go through US immigration in the terminal for instance. The ship was in good condition, no complaints about cabin. Main highlight on board for us was the food. We chose freedom dining which didn’t work brilliantly because you couldn’t expect to walk in any time you want. Generally you get a buzzer and then had to wait 20 mins or so. Once in the food was excellent. I am addicted to Celebrity French onion soup. I would do another Celebrity cruise just for that! Lots or bars but they were rather samey. I would like to see a sports bar. The only sports screens were in the casino which was far too big and not the place to sit and watch sports. Entertainment also was really good. Better than I expected. Cruise director was brilliant. Nature and port presentations by Mickey Live were excellent. Loads of good advice. Worst aspect of cruise was excursions. I think it is common on Alaska cruises but they were very expensive and those that I took, not very good.

Best cruise yet but watch out for those excursions

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Grahaml

• Sail Date: August 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 8

Grahaml’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Ocean View 8
Cabin 08 9000
9000 is a bit narrower than standard cabins but to compensate for this it is considerably longer giving a total of around 240 sq ft (I didn’t actually measure it). The extra length allows both a sofa and table and chairs near the door. Bathroom is fine.

I liked the cabin. On an Alaskan cruise balconies carry a very high premium and the weather is unlikely to be warm enough to get much use out of them so I think this larger than standard cabin is a good compromise.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins