3. Viking Star
Great value for an itinerary that covered several areas that we had not visited before. The offer of two guests for one fare with free air was too great a temptation. The trip was excellent except for somewhat rough seas for a couple of days. It could have been a lot worse! The excursions were well planned, and for the most part were interesting and informative. The service on the ship was excellent. Our cabin was kept spotless and the dining was always good. Most of the dishes were very good, but other options for special order were also available. One evening I ordered a New York strip steak that was as good as any I have ever had--even at some very expensive restaurants. The entertainment was also excellent, as were the informative talks about European history and environmental issues. We especially enjoyed the entertainers. The three young female vocalists were especially talented and performed in a most professional manner. The string trio also was an elegant touch to the trip. We have been on a number of ocean and river cruises, but the cruise director on this one was the best I have ever seen.

Great ship; good excursions

Viking Star Cruise Review by jalvisbryan

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Europe

jalvisbryan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

The cabin was exceptionally nice and well kept; however, the furnishings were beginning to show some wear. Perhaps the bed could have been a little more comfortable.
The housekeeping staff did a very good job.