• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Poorly organized disembarkation plan.

Review for Navigator of the Seas to the British Isles & Western Europe
shaxpur
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

This was my first cruise with Royal Caribbean, and I chose it for the itinerary which included both Morocco and Paris as well as several stops in Spain, Portugal, and the Canary Islands. We did not spend time in Southampton prior to the cruise nor afterwards, preferring to spend our layover time in NYC. We very much enjoyed meeting our dining companions at dinner, all of whom had much prior experience with RCI and could inform us about other ships and good itineraries. A plus for me was being able to purchase WiFi access for the entire cruise without having to do it in chunks of time, trying to estimate how much I would use. However, I don't think I will cruise with RCI again. It is the attention to the small details that matters to me, and I felt that was mediocre at best on this cruise. Our major complaint came on the final day: disembarkation was chaos. Bags had been tagged with numbers, but the same numbered bags were not always in the same grouping, making luggage difficult to find, especially for those of us with mobility problems. The bus to Heathrow filled up with luggage before all the people were accommodated. We were the last two people allowed on the bus. I don't know what they did for the remaining passengers.

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin H

Layout was fine, but it lacked a table for the room service tray. Needs more outlets for electronic devices (USB ports). Bathroom was small, and the only outlet was in the ceiling.

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $178