3. Celebrity Infinity
We choose this cruise because we had never been to the west coast and we always had planned to drive the Pacific Coast Highway. When we saw this cruise option, we decided that it would be a great way to see lots of cities on the Pacific coast! We live on the east coast, and have taken many Caribbean cruises and two Mediterranean cruises, as well as several to Bermuda. We flew into LAX a day before the cruise and stayed in San Pedro at the Crown Plaza, which offered a shuttle to the cruise port. We liked the area very much, ate at a locals pizza place, and walked to church to attend Sat. Eve. Mass. Embarkation was quite easy, except for me walking away leaving my purse on the security belt. We were ready to board and I could not find it! We ran to the security people and they had found it and actually sent it onboard. A security guy escorted us onboard and it was waiting for me there. They had counted all the cash, which was a considerable amount, and I signed for it and we went onboard. Whew! We were very thankful they handled that so well. So, if you have a few bags going onboard, be sure you grab your purse off that conveyor. Everyone working on this ship are great. Very friendly and they just go out of their way to help with everything . Our room steward, Dillon was great, the waiters were also, and the bartentenders, Willy, Jonathon and others were so much fun.The martini bar at night was so entertaining, the bartenders would start an impromptu show and have everyone in hysterics. They always remembered us. The night they did the thing with the headsets was the best! Wish they had done it again, everyone was talking about how much fun they had that night! . We did the specialty restaurants 3 nights. Two at Tuscan Grill and one at Qsine. They were both very good. Qsine was so different and our waiter, Herbie , made it so much fun. We also did the premium beverage package which was expensive but we liked having whatever we wanted to drink, including cappacinos and expresses and water bottles whenever we wanted. The ports were all great, with the exception of Ensenada. Sorry Mexico, but I just felt uncomfortable there. Did the hop on bus in San Fran, went to Alcatraz, walked to Fishermans Wharf. The 17 mile tour in Monterey and Carmel was great. Rented a golf cart in Catalina, which was a beautiful place. Loved Santa Barbara. After the cruise, we took uber to Santa Monica, stayed at Oceanview on the beach. Great hotel, and there was a street festival going on when we got there which was great. The hotel clerk hooked us up with a private tour to Beverly Hills/Hollywood which was reasonable and very nice . Next day, rented a car and drove to San Diego where we stayed at the Catamaran for 3 nights, right on Mission Bay. Then we drove to Las Vegas, left San Diego at 5 am and saw the sun come up in the desert, very nice. This was not a relaxing vacation, but it was so much fun I would definitely do it again. The cruise is great, and I can't think of any cons. Go for it!

One of our best cruises ever!!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Marina11

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 7

Marina11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Ocean View 7
Cabin 07 Forgot
We had an ocean view. Usually have a balcony, but we got this at a great price. It was just like a balcony, but no door. We like to hear the ocean at night but this was just fine. Lots of storage.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins