3. Celebrity Constellation
This Cruise was booked in September 2016 by my sister while she was on a Celebrity Cruise in the Balkans. The deal we got was tremendous, but we have sailed on Celebrity because we feel they are a step above others and the food has been tremendous. This cruise however left us disappointed in many ways. I will say the itinerary was excellent! The ship is 15 years old and has had some minor renovations but it's still 15 years old. We noticed quite a bit of rust and worn materials in various public areas of the ship. We were in Aqua Class on Deck 9, starboard. Which means every morning we were treated to crew moving furniture around the pool on Deck 10, bright and early! We did have an excellent cabin steward. Aqua Class dined in Blu which to me was quite a disappointment. There was nothing memorable or spectacular about the food or the menu choices. The service was great, but the food was nothing to write home about! This was our fourth Celebrity cruise. My sister and brother-in-law, and the other couple we were with have perhaps cruised 8 or 10 times on Celebrity. All agreed the food has gone downhill. I have always enjoyed the Mast Grill on every Celebrity ship. The burgers this year were disgusting, sorry but no other way to describe it. Not sure if it was the quality of the beef they were receiving in Europe or what, but they were horrible! Poolside bar service was also disappointing. They ran out of limes with three days to go, and ran out of Tito's Vodka with two days to go. How does that happen when you're actively marketing drink packages almost non-stop for the first several days of a cruise? We've also noticed a drop off in entertainment aboard. Maybe we were spoiled on our first two cruises with excellent bands but I'd prefer more music and fewer games while poolside, particularly on sea days. Theater productions each evening were pretty good, but the "big production" Elyria was "different"! We are currently booked for Alaska aboard the Millennium in May, fingers crossed that things will be better, but will be watching CC to monitor reviews, comments etc. While planning the cruise we were uncertain about what to do in Ibiza and Valencia. After boarding and discussing it with our fellow cruisers my wife and I decided we would book with the ship for those two ports. We had brought the Shore Excursion booklet with us. Was disappointed to find the prices to book on board were significantly higher than booking in advance. This may be customary but I wasn't aware of it. We are in our mid 50's, and our fellow cruisers in late 60's. I would say most of the guests were in the same range. Overall we had a great time, but as I mentioned above, I'm hopeful that others who expressed similar comments while onboard, will review here or let Celebrity know of their concerns.

Had a great time but Celebrity needs to improve on a few things!

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Firegerry

I will say the itinerary was excellent!

Firegerry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Aqua Class Balcony
Cabin A2 9062
Cabin was roomy enough, balcony was roomy enough but had quite a bit of rust and pain on glass areas.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins