3. MSC Divina
The cost was a major consideration. We had heard mixed reviews and we basically said "what the heck!" and booked it. We really liked the room and the Steward was great. Not obtrusive and keeped the room clean and tidy for us. We were upgraded to a balcony room and that was nice. We had a really great location near one of the single elevators near the middle of the ship that we called the "sneak-a-vator" because it was little used, fast and really convenient. The food in the dining room was just OK. Not really up to Carnival level if you ask me.. but certainly a decent meal if you are not too fussy. The wait staff could have been better. Drink service from the bar was poor and the service was spotty and slow. We surmised that a lot of staff have been raided for new ships and the training is struggling to keep up. Now for the really good and the really bad.. The shows were good in our opinion. Yeah there could be more "live" music and the male singers could have been better but over the shows were entertaining and the "acts" like the acrobats were really good. Not as much "glitz" as Carnival but, less risque in the costuming, and better for us. The Opera was good and a nice change of pace for a Cruise ship. The before show entertainment was cute and funny and had the entire hall laughing with their antics. The bar service on this ship is really poor. The bartenders are surly and really do not care to serve you. I had good service on the garden adult area. But the casino bar and the Silver bar are standouts for poor service. The Casino bar is used for the show bar and gets overwhelmed. I found the Pool bars to be the same hectic and grumpy staffed. The Solarium bar staff was nicer though. I have never been on a cruise ship where it was as hard to get a drink as this ship. As much falderal they make of the "drink" plans the should make it easier to take advantage of them. For God's sake, learn to make a proper Bloody Mary with celery if you are looking to have American's on your ship!!! I don't care if the thing costs 10 bucks just make it available. Morning service in the Dining room for breakfast.. asked for a Bloody Mary and got a look that was comical! The Spa needs to be more aware of African American's hair and styles if they want the American market. My wife has hair like some of her African ancestry and the haircut and style was really comical. None of the hair products available were geared to her type of hair. But, that led to a good adventure of Jamaica.. so we have that. Still 40 bucks down the drain. Correct this MSC.. The Buffet is really good but again do not have a clue why there are bars in there. There was no drink service and the bar could not make basic morning or regular cocktails for the diners so, what is the point? Just serve beer and wine from the back.. Stupid! There was never enough silverware wrapped during the peak times. The egg station is poorly located so the line blocks the drink station causing spills and unneeded stress for all. The entertainment of the Pool deck was good and the Cruise Director's Staff was really good and engaging. They offered lots of dance lessons and dancing contests and theme shows for us. They were fun. The Pools are really nice and there lots and lots of hot tubs when you go looking. and the indoor and outdoor pools are nice. The ship was really clean in our estimation. The bathrooms seemed to be well kept and staffed. The Music acts around the ship were poor at best. I have heard better sounds coming from wounded cats than from the golden lounge act. Elvis is preparing a ghostly hoard to visit her in the night in revenge for her "Elvis review" The guys in the "non - Piano bar, piano bar" were decent if you liked ABBA, but once again being American, not so much. The non smoking Casino is the best reason to visit this ship. Pay attention Carnival.. I WILL BOOK THIS CRUISE AGAIN JUST TO AVOID YOUR SMOKY CASINOS! This MSC Cruise was a pleasent and nice cruise aside from the small and snark things I have mentioned. We had a nice and relaxing cruise. Good times in the ports. Met a lot of really nice people. A good mix of younger and older people. So, in all, I would recommend MSC if the price is right and the itinerary is to your liking. Fix some of these problems and you have really competitive product for those looking to dial back the mania on a Carnival Cruise.

We really liked the Shows and the Cruise Director Staff was good.

MSC Divina Cruise Review by kittentanz

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

Now for the really good and the really bad..

kittentanz’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 9157
Cabin was above average. The shower doors are very clever.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins