Carnival Splendor Cruise Review

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by rluce

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Several friends decided to take this cruise, as a way to get away and have a good time together. Overall it was a good cruise. however there were a few things that could be improved on.

1. the Muster drill, they had everyone stand out on the deck in 95 degree heat for over 45 mins. while they were looking for one person. I have taken several other crises and they would have you meet in the lounges or auditorium where you could sit. I saw several people being taken in because they were having issues with the heat.

2.Tendering off the ship, was not well organized. they made you go to one of the dining rooms to get a group number to be called down to get off the ship, it seemed to me that everyone showed up at once, and they couldn't handle all the people. A real mess!

3. Cabin steward, never met him until the 5th day of the cruise, and that was only after I when to find him. I would leave him a written note as to what we need for the room with a tip, and he didn't do everything we asked, please give us 2 water glasses. I think they are under staffed and asking them to do more, with less people.

4.we purchased the beverage package for $50/day, I was not happy when we were on their private island and you couldn't use it there, I talked to the server and he said it was so they could make more money.

5. The food was excellent, some of the best I have ever eaten.

6. the shows were very good,

7 overall the ship was very clean.

I would recommend the cruise, we had a great time together. But would not purchase the beverage package again.

rluce's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4F 7319

The cabin was nice ok for 2 people. The service could have been better.

rluce