3. Viking Lif
My husband and I had never been to Europe. We talked with friends, who had friends that had traveled with Viking before and highly recommended the company for our tour. We really enjoyed the personal attention that the crew gave us during our trip on the Viking Lif and our transition to the other ship, the Viking Aegir. We had to switch ships half way through the cruise because the water level was too shallow in the canal area between Nuremberg and Regensberg. It was really nice to see the crew standing outside our ship to see us off to the next ship. Also, it was great that they allowed our tour director, Dan go with us to the next ship. He was great!!! When we got to the next ship, after our tour of Nuremberg, it was wonderful to see our new crew with welcome signs and umbrellas to bring us on board the Viking Aegir. Great customer service on both ships!!!!! The whole trip was beautiful and the tour guides, for the most part were very good and informative. We did experience a couple that were trying to rush people along too much; however, we realized that they only had so much time to give us a tour. In Cologne, the guide should have taken us to another building to tour since we were unable to visit inside the cathederal because of a cardinal funeral. A stop at the doughnut shop there would have been great. She took us by the shop, but it would have been nice to sampled one of the jelly doughnuts. The doughnuts looked great!!!!! Although we enjoyed something about each one of the towns that we visited, a highlight was getting to tour the Marksburg Castle in Braubach, Germany..... great tour and our guide Mark was wonderful. We loved the windmills of Kinderdjike....wished we could have had more time there to shop and look around. I was expecting Vienna to be the most beautiful place to see; however, I believe Budapest was by far the most beautiful, especially at night. We really enjoyed the beautiful churches that we got to visit....such beautiful steeples!!!!! I could go on and on about the many beautiful places that we visited; however, I would have to write a book. To sum it up, it was a great trip and an experience that my husband and I will always cherish and remember.

15 Day Grand European Cruise - From Amsterdam to Budapest

Viking Lif Cruise Review by cheryl3168

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Great customer service on both ships!!!!!

cheryl3168’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Lif price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 224
Both cabins in Viking Lif and Aegir were well maintained by the cabin steward. We were amazed at what could be done with a room of that size....loved the warm floors in the bathroom and the glass enclosed shower. All of the bath products were great too....kept us well stocked. I would highly recommend a french balcony....great for the price and wonderful to open for fresh air.....all you really need.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins