3. Viking Eir
We arrived right before boat departure, so we didn't explore Amsterdam other than what Viking provided. Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Loved the ship -- Viking Eir is impressive! Traveled with family members -- this was a trip they wanted to do and we had never tried this kind of cruise before so we were willing. Cabin was great, very well-designed. All the food was wonderful. Loved all the staff -- they took such good care of us. We enjoyed all the towns we toured and the optional excursions were wonderful, too. Gigi was fine on the piano for entertainment. He asked me to request something and I said "do you have a list?" He said he knows hundreds of songs, so I named a Billy Joel song and he played it beautifully. We did extend with Viking in Switzerland (Basil) and our Viking guide talked us through how to take the train to Lucerne to make the trek to Mt. Pilatus. Incredible boat/cogway train/cable car trip up and down the mountain! Yes, we would do Viking again but are choosing to wait. Right now, we're opting for more adventure travel (whitewater rafting, cycling, Belize multi-sport trips, etc.) now while we can still do those kinds of active vacations.

Wonderful trip!