3. Viking Gefjon
I always kidding with friends anyone book a river cruise and I will join them I got the call come join us and we did! This was the best itinerary covered all the ports we wanted. Took a day or two to understand this was different kind of trip. All the planning is done- you just enjoy! Embarkation was super easy we had Viking air & were met at the airport and take to the ship. Our cabin was ready for us and nice surprise. We had a quick snack upstairs and off to explore the city with the local guide from Viking. We learned that you must follow the times for meals or not eat. there is no anytime buffet but there were cookies and hot drinks. Most of the local guides were good and we learned a lot. visited many churches on our own. One thing we sis realize was that we were in certain towns on Sunday and that on those days nothing was open. I would make sure that next time not to spend a Sunday in Cologne. we took the optional Rothenburg ob der Tauber tour and it was the best! Highly recommend! We also did the tour with Ship Chief to the marketplace so much fun!. German night on the ship was amazing! We were told that the river was very low and we would be portaging around but We were lucky not to have to change ships to the Ve half way thu. Our Cruise Director David was always where you need him. We would stay after the tours in the city and then have to find the meeting place for bus back to the ship and He was there very time to assure us we were in the right place. Debarking from the ship was easy but Budapest airport not so much. terrible long lines to check in-- the flight was late which didn't give us much time to connect in Amsterdam. Next time I would ask for more connection time. I would definitely book again with Viking!

Wonderful wonderful wonderful

Viking Gefjon Cruise Review by beauty1492

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

German night on the ship was amazing!

I would definitely book again with Viking!
beauty1492’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 225
The cabin was tight but big enough for 2 of us. Love that we would open the door and step out on the balcony especially when going thu the many many locks. There was a nice TV which we never watch we were to tried. The heated bathroom floor was really nice
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins