3. Viking Sea
We choose this cruise because of the itinerary. Let me start off by saying the ship is beautiful, clean, well kept. The crew from Captain through to cabin steward were amazing. Always looking to please and helping with any problems that may occur. Can't say enough about the crew. Now for the negatives. I am a 75 year old senior citizen as is my travel companion. We are very active individuals and have taken over 20 previous cruises (Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian plus two river cruise on Avalon ). First of all, when the booklet for the shore excursions was sent to us, we immediately went on line to sign up for the excursions we wanted to take. To our surprise the chosen excursions were already filled. Upon speaking to a Viking Shore Excursion Rep. we were told the shore excursion choices were given to the passengers who had cabins that cost more (then ours) were given priority so by the time it reached us the ones we choose were already filled up. This rule also applies to signing up for the different restaurants on board (Manfredies, cheif's table, etc). This is discrimination pure and simple. Viking advertises on their commercials “Enriching shore Excursion” mmmm if you’re able to secure said excursions……. As far as the onboard activities, trivia once a day at 12:00 noon only on sea days. That's it nothing else unless one wanted to go to a lecture. Surely the cruise director could come up with more fun and stimulating activities throughout the day. Now on to the cruise director. She kept telling us (the passengers) how sick she was all week. Well she was in full form to give us a presentation of her operatic arias (which, I might add, was wonderful). Other then that her appearance was absent all through the voyage, I take it she was in her cabin recuperating from her performance. Perhaps she might want to contact the cruise directors of other lines to get some ideas for stimulating activities to keep passengers interested, instead of sitting around with nothing to do for most of the voyage (on sea days). Of all the cruises we have taken we have never, never been so bored. We have never watched a movie in our stateroom until this voyage. One night they had "The Liar's Club" It was very well attended, that should tell the cruise director something. (Also I might add the trivia was also so well attended there were no seats available). I understand Viking appeals and caters to adult and senior cruisers. Great, but give us more stimulating activities during sea days, we may be a little slower of step but we're not dead.

Not what we expected

Viking Sea Cruise Review by travelin nonna

This is discrimination pure and simple.

travelin nonna’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Cabin was small with little storage space, especially for a two week cruise. The night lite was a great feature. Our cabin steward was one of the best we have had on all our cruises. He was always available for any request. He kept the cabin in tip top shape.