3. Celebrity Infinity
This cruise was planned by a family member, and I just joined on the trip when invited. It was my 3rd cruise, and first on Celebrity. I liked it quite a bit. The passengers were on the senior side, and it was nice to not have a ton of kids everywhere. (Likely because of school schedules). There were a few kids...but maybe less than 10 on the entire ship. There were a few younger adults but not that many. Our cruise was not full, I think, so it never seemed overly crowded. The ship was in great condition, I saw no flaws that really bugged me. The cabin was quite spacious (I had Oceanview), and there was plenty of storage closet space. My sister and I barely unpacked anyway. Suitcases slide right under the bed. The bathroom had plenty of space as well and was like a small hotel version. Much larger than an RV bathroom. The public restrooms on deck were also really nice...much better than I expected. They had live flowers and real hand towels instead of paper. (My other cruise trips were pretty bare bones). Dining: The formal dining room had very good food and service. However, my family is pretty laid back, and we opted for the buffet most nights and sat out on the aft deck. I did not even break out the nice dresses. The weather was so spectacular that the back aft bar was just too nice not to miss. It was clear and sunny nearly every day. While the dining room was nice...plan on about an hour and a half for the full service dinner. The buffet was pretty good, but I think breakfast could be a little better. Nearly all the food was good, but for some reason, the omelettes were not. Other than that...there is a lot of variety. I did not try the specialty dining restaurants, though I heard they were good. Room service is fun, but there are not many choices on the menu. I just like "free" room service. Entertainment: I did not watch too many shows, but the ones I did were good. My dad watched a show every day and loved it. They change quite often I'm sure. The band and performers were great. My family really got into the trivia times, but we wish they were longer and more of them. Some of the trivia meets were not that great at all, but a few were quite fun. I spent way too much time in the casino...while it was very small, I met some really nice people who also like the tables. As far as cruise ships go, this is not like some of adventure ones...no crazy water slides, climbing walls, or parasailing, etc. Not a ton of kid stuff either. It is more of a relaxing type vibe, which I preferred on this one. They do have a nice indoor pool area and enclosed deck that is nice for the more northern temperatures. We only had about one day of rain, but the nights were quite cool until we got further south. Service: Great. No issues at all. My room steward was actually dismayed a bit when I stayed in one day and got room service because he couldn't clean. He came back later. If you have not been on a cruise before, you gotta realize that most of the staff is international and English is not always the first language. They also don't make a ton of money. This cruise itinerary offered more regular English speakers than many do. The staff were all very nice and just great. Ports: Vancouver---Go early and spend a little time there. It was my first trip to Canada, and it is a wonderful modern city. There are tons of restaurants and beaches and parks. Whale watching was amazing. Astoria---Skipped it, but I've been there. It is a pretty small town. I would have preferred an overnight with 2 days in either Seattle or San Francisco. Seattle--You can walk to the pier, and for $27 take a 1-hour boat harbor tour. It was awesome and much cheaper than the regular excursions. Great views of the city and narrator. You can also walk to the Public Market and the Space Needle. Monterrey---We rented a car between several people. Cheap way to see a LOT. My sister rented from the airport, but I heard Enterprise will meet you at the ship port with the car and pick it back up. Much easier. It was incredibly beautiful. We did some coastal driving, a trip to Ft Ord, and the 17-mile drive before going back for a late lunch. San Francisco--I did the excursion with the Alcatraz tour. If you want to go there on your own, I highly recommend the tour or buying tickets online early. They are 100% sold out all the time, and I learned that Alcatraz is typically sold out days in advance, so just stopping to get a ticket the same day will not work. It was a very cool excursion...Sausalito first and trip over the Golden Gate bridge, quick drive through the Presidio, followed by the Alcatraz tour. It is fairly long, so seeing the rest of the city is not much of an option, but I had visited before. Santa Barbara---Skipped that one, but I had been there. It is a tender boat stop with a 2.5 mile way to the city from the pier. They said there were taxis, but I was happy to just chill that day. Having been there, I recommend the Mission and the Zoo. Los Angeles---Just get your ride arranged ahead of time. Not very many taxis at the cruise terminal. Plan on flights in the afternoon, definitely after 12:30. Nearly an hour to the airport on a Sunday, and LAX is the worst part of the whole trip.

Very nice time on Infinity--Vancouver to Los Angeles

vapergirlaz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Ocean View 6
Cabin 06 3069
Very clean and plenty of space. Excellent service.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins