• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sonicstef
6-10 Cruises

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Junior Suite

We selected the cruise primarily for the itinerary - I wanted to see Cuba and a cruise seemed like an easy way to do that without too much work. Having just returned from this cruise, I very much wish I had simply flown directly to Havana and skipped the cruise altogether.

I knew the ship was on the older side so I wasn't that shocked to find a more limited option in terms of amenities or décor but I didn't expect just how old the rooms would be nor did I expect the lack of activities or good entertainment.

We stayed in a Veranda suite (V21). The room is tiny - not a suite at all. We had 2 single beds - one touched the wall, the other touched the couch that touched the wall. It was fine for 2 adults but if this was a suite, I don't want to know what a standard room looked like. Again, i've cruised before so I understand cruise rooms are smaller than hotels but this was a little absurd. The bedding had brown splotchy stains on it. (We had a good laugh when they left us that flyer to try to sell us the bedding). The carpet had stains. The bathroom looked just like a hospital bathroom except less well kept - with holes in the grout and stains. The room telephone did not work. One of the bedside lamps did not work. The balcony was small but did it's job and there was plenty of storage space so no issues there.

Junior Suite

Cabin JS

Our room steward was the best part. She was lovely and very helpful.

Find a Carnival Paradise Cruise from $219