We only went as far as Honolulu -- 11 days. The ship continued on to Sydney for the majority of the passengers, with some going on to New Zealand. The embarkation was a slow, tedious process involving a couple of hours slowly moving forward in a long line. It was a busy weekend at the Vancouver cruise port and the line ups were mostly about security clearance. Wish they could find a better way to deal with it. Once on board the pleasure began. It felt like the entire ship and crew was arranged to suit our relaxation and pleasure. I had a few qualms based on some reports but everything was most satisfactory. The ship was clean and in good condition. Our cabin was small but functional. The food was very good and if you didn't care for something, there was always something else available. I would have liked to see better prepared vegetables and more choice. There seemed to be a vegetable of the day, one day both appetizers and main course vegetable would be green beans, next day, asparagus and next day zucchini. Loved the salad bar and the choices available there. The coffee seemed improved. This cruise had a lot of sea days but there was so much to do, if you so chose. The one board 'Hawaiian ambassadors' offered lei making, bracelet making, hula lessons, ukulele lessons, Hawaiian language lessons, sarong tying lessons -- all materials provided. There were lectures, diverse music offerings, trivia, and sports activities. Best music was provided by the Jukebox Rogues who performed in the Vista Lounge on two occasions. Outstanding! We don't patronize the spa, shops or photographer. None seemed very busy but I suppose they must generate revenue. Really, there was something for everyone. The cruise director and assistant cruise director were friendly and did a good job. I like the automatic print outs of your account available at the front office. We found the service excellent. As we didn't have any problems or issues we only dealt with the front office to change a $20 to four $5s. They were happy to do that for us. I want to provide a balanced review but I have difficulty in coming up with anything to complain about. We didn't see whales or dolphins leaping out of the water for our viewing pleasure in the Pacific Ocean but I don't think I can hold Holland America responsible for that. We look forward to our next cruise with this line.

Great Cruise on the Noordam

Noordam Cruise Review by kira5

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

We look forward to our next cruise with this line.
kira5’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 6027
We got a very good price for this cabin so accepted the small size. The bed was exceedingly comfortable. I enjoy the total dark cocoon like atmosphere at night but you could bring a night light if you don't. The shower worked well. I liked the little pull across laundry line in the shower. The stateroom is really too small for room service but that isn't our style anyway.
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins