Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review
1,679 Reviews

Royal Caribbean failed me on this one

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by tknikercruiser

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View Stateroom

I'm usually a fan of Royal Caribbean and have had two previous cruises with them that I would rate as excellent, but this one wasn't. My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and I had pre-booked an ultimate anniversary package, only to find that after I got on the ship it had been cancelled by Royal Caribbean without any notice to me. Then when I tried to re-book it, I was told that they don't carry the items on the ship and therefore couldn't provide it. Instead they offered the minimal. Hugely disappointed.

Activities on the ship - not varied enough and fairly standard.

Talent on the ship - below even cruise performers. No-one was notable and none of the performances were very inspired.

Ports of call - okay, but not much variety in the shore excursions between each of the ports. Got "excursioned out" because the lack of variety. And too cold to hit the pool on the days of sailing.

tknikercruiser's Full Rating Summary

Family Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin FO 3614

Cabin was standard. Cabin staff for ours was excellent! He helped make a terrible cruise much better.

The rail ride was exceptional - our tour host was one of the best I've experienced. The pink bus situation was horrible. Few stops, and because of problems picking up passengers (some waited for an hour and a half) we didn't feel we could get off the bus.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Bar Harbor

Main tour we wanted was cancelled the day before. From what was left, there weren't choices that really thrilled us. We did select another, but had to cancel because a couple of family members ended up getting sick with something that was going around the ship.

tknikercruiser