• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Serenade of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Royal Caribbean failed me on this one

Review for Serenade of the Seas to Canada & New England
tknikercruiser
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Family Ocean View Stateroom
Traveled with children

I'm usually a fan of Royal Caribbean and have had two previous cruises with them that I would rate as excellent, but this one wasn't. My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and I had pre-booked an ultimate anniversary package, only to find that after I got on the ship it had been cancelled by Royal Caribbean without any notice to me. Then when I tried to re-book it, I was told that they don't carry the items on the ship and therefore couldn't provide it. Instead they offered the minimal. Hugely disappointed.

Activities on the ship - not varied enough and fairly standard.

Talent on the ship - below even cruise performers. No-one was notable and none of the performances were very inspired.

Family Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin FO

Cabin was standard. Cabin staff for ours was excellent! He helped make a terrible cruise much better.

Port Reviews

Bar Harbor

Main tour we wanted was cancelled the day before. From what was left, there weren't choices that really thrilled us. We did select another, but had to cancel because a couple of family members ended up getting sick with something that was going around the ship.

Find a Serenade of the Seas Cruise from $247