3. Wind Spirit
We really enjoyed our WindSpirt Cruise. The staff and crew was 5 star all the way. The only thing I would caution about is that there are no elevators. The sleeping decks are on decks 1 and 2. Breakfast is on deck 4 and is only accessible via outdoor stairs. Everything else in the way of eating, lounge, shopping, casino, and reception is on the deck 3. I only caution those who have difficulty walking or breathing issues. It appeared that most travelers were anywhere from late 40’s to early 50’s and mid 60’s. There were some older and a few younger I, unfortunately, had a shin encounter with coral while on a snorkeling excursion halfway through the cruise. However, the ships doctor took excellent care of my injury, which required the equivalent of 3 stitches, using surgical glue. She had me come in to see her everyday to redress the injury, put me on a weeks worth of antibiotics, and sent me home with enough supplies to tend my injury until I could see my personal physician. All at no cost! The only negative issue we had was with the reservation. We booked our cruise (2 cabins) almost a year ahead and picked out cabins on the first deck in the middle, which we we advised had the least amount of motion and noise. We also received email confirmation by WindStar of our reservation and the cabins we requested. However, about 1.5 months before the cruise our travel agent received word that “due to WindStar converting to a new computer system in the spring” our cabins were double booked and they had to reassign us to other cabins. The new cabins were smack in the area we did not want to be. Because WindStar downgraded us they did reimburse us for the cost differential. They also gave us a shipboard credit of $250 pp. That was all well and good, but they refused to honor our original booking. I still wonder why they inconvenienced us and not the guests who booked after us. Seemed very strange and very poor customer service. For this reason I cannot give WindStar 5 stars. Sorry.

Great time, poor reservation experiences

Wind Spirit Cruise Review by Acmcneil

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

I only caution those who have difficulty walking or breathing issues.

Acmcneil’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Spirit price drops

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin B 105
Cabin was nice, a little tight around the bed
Deck 1 Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins