3. Carnival Inspiration
Debarkation My daughter, who is 30 and a first-time cruiser, and I are from the Tampa area, so we drove to the port and parked in the garage - $14/day. Arrived around 11:15 and were at the Lido buffet eating lunch at noon. Everyone at the terminal had a smile on their face and were happy to help and answer questions. Stateroom We booked an inside stateroom on the Riviera Deck - 4th level. The room is plenty big for two people with lots of closet space. It appeared that the bathroom had been remodeled with nice fixtures and a great blue floor. As always with Carnival, lots of towels. Since this is an older ship, there is no fridge in the room. If you need to keep anything cool, bring a cooler. Your steward will keep it filled with ice during the cruise if you ask. Also -no hair dryer. If you call Customer Service, they will have one brought to your room for the duration of the cruise. TV reception was great and there was a great music station on the TV which played new age music all the time - great for reading. We asked for extra pillows the first day - never saw them -or the steward again. But the room was cleaned twice daily. Tips: Bring an extension cord if you have anything to plug in and I always bring a little night-lite as well. Here's a handy hint. Instead of hunting everywhere for the thermostat and then calling Customer Service - look up in the ceiling. One of the air vents has a little circular dial in the middle with an arrow on it. This is the thermostat for the room. Unless you are traveling with a tall man, be prepared to stand on the chair to adjust it. Entertainment We loved the entertainment in the Paris Lounge. Singers and dancers are as good as on any 7-day cruise I have been on and costumes were fantastic. The comedian was pretty good. The show lounge fills up very quickly so get there at least 15-20 minutes early. Bar service in the lounge was not good - get your drinks at a bar on the way in or you may never be able to order one at the show. It seemed a little chilly in there all the time, so I recommend a sweater. We traveled on Halloween and the night was fantastic! A huge portion of the guests on board had wonderful costumes and there was a parade for two hours on the Promenade deck where we could sit and watch them all. Later, there was a costume contest in the Paris Lounge. It was packed!! Food The Lido buffet is well laid-out. Seating was intimate. Music in the buffet was the same music which always played in the adults-only Serenity area, which is new-age, soft - nice eating music. Breakfast was the same every day, except for a change from hash-brown potatoes to little potato pancakes. Everything else was the same. There is one station where you can get omelets and eggs made to order. The grill area out by the pool always had hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken fingers as well as a complete duplicate of one of the inside food lines. We ate in the Mardi Gras dining room every night - anytime dining. All of the staff were attentive and the food was very good. We sat by ourselves at smaller tables for two. Food highlights: prime rib, St. Louis BBQ ribs, farmers salad, sour dough bread. The famous chocolate warming cake is wonderful but a total indulgence. Daily Activities There is a huge variety of things to do and my daughter and I took advantage of most. We learned how to do the Cha-Cha, country line dancing and swing. We played Bingo; almost won the bean bag toss; played lots of trivia. The casino is bigger and pays better than any other I have seen on the bigger ships. We had lots of pictures taken and actually wound up buying one. The circular lay-out of the picture area is better than any other I have encountered. The Ship I believe this ship was built in 1996, so it is getting along in years and you can tell this in some places. But - everything was clean and as shiny as possible. There are lots of areas, both inside and out, where you can sit and relax without hearing a bunch of loud music or have people coming and going around you. I never felt crowded. Around the pool area, one side of the ship is non-smoking. If you get there early enough in the morning, you can have a table and chairs for the whole day and not have to smell cigarette smoke. Conclusion The crowd was mixed in age and everyone got along well. I don't know how many hundred children were on board, but the camps for the kids keep them out of sight. This is a 4-night cruise, but I would not hesitate taking a 7-night cruise on this ship.

Mother/Daughter Halloween Cruise

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by StPeteCruiser5400

StPeteCruiser5400’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Cabin R94
R-94 on the Riviera Deck was a great location - both for getting around and for ship rocking/movement. We were very comfortable and centrally located. This cabin does not have a blow dryer or fridge or one of those magnifying mirrors that some have. Other than those items, it's just like any other stateroom I have been in. As always, not enough hangers, so I brought some. Also, one outlet - over the sink in the bathroom, so not good for plugging in hair equipment. The other, in the room, only one plug. I recommend bringing an extension cord. Also, see my review comments about the thermostat.
  Carnival Inspiration Deck Plans