3. Norwegian Getaway
I chose this as my first cruise because it wasn't too long, it was not in the ocean and it had a lot of ports to places i had never been before. I liked that the ship was big and that it had room availability where i wanted on the ship, along with an upgrade to a thermal spa package. it was such a good trip, i'm worried the next one won't be as good! The entertainment options were amazing - so talented. We upgraded to a dining specialty package for 5 meals and it was well worth it. We did not have a beverage package until we got on board and purchased a wine package - our wine followed us to every restaurant - you never wasted any and didn't over-drink to finish a bottle. Some considerations for improvement: The casino was a bit smokey, which was somewhat of a turnoff. I wish there were music channels in our room from the TV. It would have been cool to see where exactly we were on our route, as the ship was cruising. Longer hours on the excursion desks and more help for first time cruisers would have been great.

First cruise ever!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by parryca

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony

Some considerations for improvement:

The casino was a bit smokey, which was somewhat of a turnoff.

I wish there were music channels in our room from the TV.

parryca’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M9 14768
Fantastic cabin layout. Great use of space. Spacious for one person. Loved the spa amenities and shower.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    We did the hop on hop off bus. Tour started so early that we couldn't see too much because it was covered in fog. So we lost a bit of time in our day. Enjoyed time on our own and walked back to the ship from the city centre.
    View All 181 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    This was a two day tour with an excellent tour guide. We saw a lot of St. Petersburg and it's history. Tour guide shared information about life in St. Petersburg, which was cool to hear. Very tiring and lots of slow walking.
    View All 346 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    We enjoyed the tour guide - he was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his role. We had lots of free time. Port is about an hour from Stockholm - very easy busy ride with lots of information being shared.
    View All 131 City Tour Reviews