3. Emerald Princess
I wanted to go on a warm cruise after doing the Alaskan last year. The weather was warm - unbearably warm ha. Its a nice run down to Mexico and back. I wasn't overly impressed with the excursions (just city overviews) as they seemed to be sales stops for the local guides and not much of the cities. The sidewalk "vendors" at various stops were so pushy you couldn't really take time to look at something because they were always shoving something in your face and telling you how many pesos. If you touched something or seemed interested in something - the pitch was on even more. The ship experience was good overall. The entertainment was good/could be better/better (varied a bit). The food was good in the MDR. Ate at Share and that was a good experience - trying food I would not normally order. Happy Hour at the Wheelhouse Bar with music was good. Had a massage (another pushy sales event). Our cabin steward was just OK this trip. He left cleaning rags on the floor and did not leave a breakfast card each day (even after we called asking for one), even took the tray the breakfast cards are usually left on - I think maybe we were just spoiled by our steward last trip. If you haven't gone on this trip give it a try. The Emerald is a nice ship.

Mexican Riviera 7 day

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Debekus

Debekus’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD C327
The cabin was good - premium balcony room. I was hoping the balcony would have loungers since it is a bigger balcony but only chairs. I doubt I will pay extra for the premium balcony again, Id rather stick with the mini-suite for the price.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• San Jose del Cabo
    We thought we were on a Cabo San Lucas tour but it was a drive to a restaurant and then Art Gallery in San Jose area. Ate at a local restaurant (on your own), shopped a few stores and returned. Would have liked to see more of Cabo San Lucas.
    View All 21 San Jose del Cabo Reviews
  • City Tour
    Overall it was kind of disappointing. Part was because of all the construction you had to maneuver around (not fault of the tour guide). Shopping was limited to a small area away from other shopping at a jewelry store that "had good deals." I would have liked to have more shopping choices.
    View All 49 City Tour Reviews
  • Tequila Factory Walking Tour
    Guide was OK until the politics and gratuities plea. The tile and tequila factory were very nice. The tacos at the tequila stop were awesome. Shopping was limited to a 20 minute stop at "his friends" opal shop.
    View All 67 Tequila Factory Walking Tour Reviews