• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Anon137
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

I'm a Veteran, so I know the general weather of Europe in the fall. The first decision, timing of our cruise, was driven by weather.

The second decision was location. We wanted a cruise which called at Patmos and Ephesus (port of Kusadasi, Turkey) in particular.

The third decision was ship size. Frankly, we didn't want to live in a suburb, which is what the BIG cruise ships seem to be. Instead, we chose a small, intimate ship where we got to know people.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin BX

Cabin 130 is port side, waterline, forward of the forward watertight bulkhead. Engine noise was minimal. I've heard far louder on a jet or a train. Everything worked, and the photos you see show accurately the space you get.

We had three nights with significant seas. Being on the waterline, our pitch, yaw, and roll were less than had we been in the 200 deck. I remember Thursday night at the crew talent show, you felt the seas...really felt them. Even so, when we went to our cabin, the motion was less.

We will be back, Windstar! You earned out business.

Port Reviews

Athens (Piraeus)

Superb embarkation experience! We had stayed at the Titania in Athens, and our taxi driver was courteous and professional.

Nafplion

We went on the canal and winery tour. Fun, but I'd have loved to have spent time in Corinth, and discovered more of the history of Christianity there. Paul DID write them two letters, both published in the New Testament.

The luncheon at the winery was joyous!

Patmos

The monastery is a wonderful museum of Christianity, having its deed of grant from the 11th Century AD, silver and gold dating across the centuries, and vestments crafted with such skill.

The cave of the Apostle helps you understand the conditions under which he had the Revelation.

Find a Wind Star Cruise from $1,784