3. Norwegian Escape
This was our second time on the Escape. Again the ship seemed flawless, clean, and very inviting. The only thing I didn't like was the "smoke" smell around the casino. It seemed to billow down to some of the restaurants on the floor below through the atrium. The exterior of the ship was perfect, no rust stains or faded paint. Maintenance seemed to be on the ball. We got to the port at about 10:00 am. Security and check-in was a breeze and we just waited for about an hour to board. We got the Unlimited Drink Package this time and decided not to go to any specialty restaurants, so I can't comment on those. Never had a problem getting drinks anywhere we went. Great service seemed to follow us around everywhere we went and the servers were always polite and engaged with us in conversation and laughed at our jokes. The food was great in all of the main dining rooms and in the buffet. We ate quite a few times at O'sheehan's and Margaritaville. Just a great atmosphere all around and the food was always hot and fresh. We always tipped the server an extra $5-$10 in all of the restaurants where there was a server. That put a big smile on their face and they were very grateful. Our room steward, however was a newbie... He said it was his first time on the ship. He was a SUPER nice guy and had no problems keeping our room up. We asked him to empty the mini fridge on our first day so we could use it for chocolate milk, water and anything else we wanted to keep cold. The only issue we had (not his fault) was we ordered the birthday package for my daughter and the cake said Happy Anniversary...We told him it was fine but he insisted on fixing the problem.. Within 30 minutes we had the correct cake..as a matter of fact, we had 2 cakes... We didn't go to any of the shows. There was always plenty to do, but we enjoyed relaxing on our aft balcony or shopping or playing mini golf or riding the water slides or eating...when we weren't in port. The pool was busy almost all the time, but that didn't matter to me because I wouldn't have used it anyway. I love the ocean!! The main reason I booked this cruise is because we sailed the Escape the previous year on an Eastern Caribbean and loved the ship and the aft balcony so much we wanted to a Western Caribbean this year in the same room. Everything was wonderful on the ship with the cabin, dining, service, but the main thing I wanted to do was go back to Roatan Honduras. This is by far my favorite port in the Caribbean. Tabyana Beach has the best snorkeling. You can walk to beautiful coral reefs right off the beach with super abundant colorful marine life. Plenty of shade to relax and rest in if you want to get out of the sun. I was in the water at least 4 hours that day and have some of the most beautiful video of the reefs, fish, squid, and even a few small jellyfish. The new Harvest Caye Island was gorgeous to look at but I found the water at the beach murky and the sand very coarse. I was in the water all of 20 minutes and went and sat by the pool (bummer). The shopping was VERY expensive compared with similar items at the other ports we visited. I thought the layout and the landscape was just beautiful, and there were plenty of loungers, and the pool was ridiculously awesome. I am glad we visited but I don't think I will ever just "want" to go back.. but if we do, I will find a snorkel or dive excursion off the island. Costa Maya and Cozumel were nice. This was our 3rd time there so we just went outside the port area and shopped the local vendors. A lot better prices and more unique choices for things to buy. We never felt unsafe and had a great time shopping and sampling empanadas made by the locals. Overall, we had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go on the Escape again. We are looking at September 30, 2018 to Bermuda from New York.

Love the Escape, had a great time!!!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by bond24seven

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom

bond24seven’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 12910
Loved the aft facing balcony cabin. Super relaxing listening to the prop wash while laying in the loungers and sipping on a drink. This was our second cruise in this room and I highly recommend getting deck 12 aft facing. Deck 12 and deck 9 have the largest balcony of all of the aft facing cabins, with deck 13 being the smallest. Norwegian rep said deck 13 was the largest, but that is not true.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins