3. Ruby Princess
We wanted a nice relaxing wine cruise to celebrate our anniversary! We are in our late 30s and thought this 6 day cruise from Vancouver to LA would be perfect! This was our 1st experience with Princess and we will never go back! The food and customer service were the worst...The buffet had the same food every day. I compare it my college dorm experience! They recycled food everyday and by the end of the cruise everything tasted OLD! Some of the staff were rude--most were nice. I have never experienced a cruise whip where the staff was rude, so that was shocking to me. We purchased the all-inclusive drink package and many of staff did not know what that included. We were still charged for some drinks and when we went to customer service they didn't even offer to take them off our bill?? We left in disbelief!! The food was the most disappointing. We went to the restaurants and were agreeable to paying extra for these. The steaks were not cooked to our preferences and the service was slow. 3 hours for dinner was not what we expected. The staff was running around overwhelmed and the restaurant wasn't even a quarter full?? Very disorganized considering you have to make reservations to even get a table. We had anytime dining and that meant we could never get a table! We tried to make reservations but they only allowed 20% of the tables to be reserved. So we were instructed to wait until 7:30 (they didn't accept walk-ins before then). At 7:30 the line was hundreds of people long. The 2 nights we ate in the dining room we waited for 1-2 hours a table--what a mess!! By the time we were seated and eating it was 9pm or after. There was a soup we ordered that spelled of MANURE!!! Either the meat was old or someone crapped in the soup...not sure which. The whole boat was talked about how awful the food was. The only thing decent were salads...and even those came with preserved dressing from a bottle! NOTHING was even HOMEMADE! I can't even tell you how nasty it was. By the end of the trip we were eating fruit and cereal because we didn't trust anything else. The only saving grace were a couple bar tenders who were kind and funny. We hung out at their bar every night. I suggested to them they join another cruise line.

Worst Cruise Experience so far :(

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by bcochran

bcochran’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB R201
Cabin was nice. Queen size bed, tiny bathroom and tiny closet.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins