• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Riviera Review

Editor Rating
81 Awards

No more of the "other" cruise lines!

Review for Riviera to the Mediterranean
MJM9166
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

I consider our other 10 cruises as trial runs for an Oceania cruise. The Riviera so far surpassed accoutrements, service and food of other cruise lines that I think I'm spoiled forever. The cabin was perfectly appointed, each restaurant was unique and delicious, and the buffet was absolutely amazing in its selection and quality of food (and service - there weren't a gazillion hands on the food but, rather, servers who filled out plates). In fact, the breakfast croissants were so incredible that when we were in France we didn't bother with our usual search for a real French croissant.

We took only one excursion and are so glad we picked this one - the Caves of the Dragon in Mallorca. Incredible stalactites and stalagmites with a beautiful concert on a gently gliding board in the cave's amphitheater at the end. Really extraordinary.

I highly recommend signing up with Cruise Critics' Roll Call to meet other cruisers on your ship and plan excursions together. That's how I met some wonderful folks as we shared a van to and from Florence.

Verandah Stateroom

Cabin B2

Actually spacious, although I would prefer a larger shower to having a bathtub. Extraordinarily comfortable mattress. I liked that we could choose whether to hear the cruise director's announcements in our cabin.

1 Helpful Vote