3. Westerdam
We booked through our travel agent using Holland America's "Flight Ease". THAT'S a joke! We booked and RESERVED seats for myself, my wife and our daughter. When we arrived at the airport not only were our seats NOT reserved as promised and confirmed, we were informed the airline could not confirm our daughter's reservation from Toronto to Rome. We spent hours prior to boarding attempting to have our travel agent ensure the reservation was confirmed and I spoke to WestJet customer service who deferred the problem to Delta, and Delta informing me they had over sold the flight. We had to fly to Rome and HOPE our daughter's boarding pass would be at the gate. The plane was delayed taking off and we JUST made our connection. The airline lost my luggage upon arrival in Rome which delayed us another 2 hours as we attempted to sort that out and fill out the proper claim forms. Air France lost both mine and my daughter's luggage on the trip home, with my daughter's still missing. The frustrating part to this story is when I personally contacted the President's Office with Holland America Line, I received the following response with respect to our flights: "We certainly understand the frustration and dissatisfaction this may have caused your family. Although we do not own or control the operations of any airline, because we offer flight booking as an optional service, we do take your comments very seriously. We monitor our guests’ satisfaction, or dissatisfaction, with the various air carriers with whom we reserve flights. This helps us, and the carriers, improve the service our guests receive. However, as stated earlier, we have no control over the actual flight operations and while we empathize with your situation, we aren’t in a position to compensate for issues that are outside of our control." So too bad but not our problem. Why advertise as Holland America's "Flight Ease"? During the cruise the meal we had at the Pinnacle Grill was horrible. When we informed the chef of our dissatisfaction he replied, "The prawns are pre-cooked, it's not our fault they are tough." What?? Not your fault, you're the chef, if a customer informs you what you serving is not up to ANYONE'S standard, correct it. The cruise director was absolutely useless. We have taken several other cruises, so we know a good cruise director from a bad one. When four of us approached him asking what he had planned or scheduled during the sea days, his response was, "I have a number of new activities planned." There was nothing planned aside from one trivia game. The staff did an amazing job serving us and taking care of our cabin, however, any situation requiring a manager's input or response was substandard at best. Thank you for making my family feel that the money we expended on flights and the cruise were not appreciated by Holland America Line executives. WRM

Holland Ammerica Flights Disappointing

Firefighter55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VE 4014
Cabin was fine. Pullout bed somewhat hard.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins